Removing my old images

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly I will say that those involved with the 'other' forum have done me no wrong and I have no issue with them but one forum is enough for me as far as posting goes.

I joined a forum and liked it for its community feel and incredibly fair and reasoned moderation. The P F self destructed and now I'm here at Talk PF it feels like home. The other forum may have come from one of the same founders but i do not feel like part of it and the more I think about it the less I like my old posts being part of it.

I can't do much about them having the same archive in their forum but I am now deleting all my pre 'talk' images.

If any old threads come up here I'll try and edit my posts to new image locations.

I think the internet is big enough for both to reside happily

You don't need to delete them Robert.
Most hosts have a tool for hotlink protection in the control panel.
If you have it at your host, enter the sites that have permission
and click the activate button.
That should sort it for you.

They were hosted on my own ntl webspace - no such options :)

And I agree evilowl. No problem whatsoever except I don't feel I contributed there and they have my posts in their history.

Thanks for the kind words Robert. Glad you feel 'at home' here. That's exactly the sort of feeling we've been trying to create...a place of familiarity, where you can come and feel comfortable, and part of a friendly community. (y)

If you've moved your pictures already, if you like, grab me on msn marcelbooth@hotmail.com and I'll help you update your old posts on here with the new locations :)

Marcel...in case you thought some nutter was stalking to you, it's me that just added you to messenger so we can talk about Pink Fairy behind his back. :D

hehe I know mate, i recognised the email address straight away, so I accepted :D

Much appreciate your thoughts Robert!

Appreciate the offer but I don't do messenger programs....never trusted them :)

ive never had any issues with messenger..it neve*pzzzzzt-zzzzzztzz* Wow microsoft rock! *pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*r interupts anything i do

matty said:
ive never had any issues with messenger..it neve*pzzzzzt-zzzzzztzz* Wow microsoft rock! *pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*r interupts anything i do

But that's the sort of thing we'd expect you to say anyway :LOL:

Marcel said:
But that's the sort of thing we'd expect you to say anyway :LOL:

good point well made...:geek:

Back