Removing tourists from photos

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I remember reading awhile ago about some technique in photoshop to merge multiple images together (taken on a tripod) and removing people in the shot. I know it can be done manually but I'm sure there was a faster, more automated way to do it. Anyone able to put me on the right track?

Hi

I remember reading awhile ago about some technique in photoshop to merge multiple images together (taken on a tripod) and removing people in the shot. I know it can be done manually but I'm sure there was a faster, more automated way to do it. Anyone able to put me on the right track?

File - Scripts - Stack. Median blend mode. I think, not in front of my computer so can't double check.

Hi

You want to a) align the images, and b) take the median value for each RGB component of each aligned pixel.

https://github.com/st599/photo_scripts/blob/master/scripts/median_filter.sh

There should be some software out there that does this if you can't use the script.

Back