Renaultsport Day @ Brands Hatch

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
First of all, this was my second time at Brands and whilst I'm there I really dislike the place, so corporate and soulless (in my opinion). However, annoyingly although at the time I think my pictures are awful from there, when I get home I'm really really pleased with them...and therefore go back for this event every year.

Comments / C&C welcome, I'm not too hot on the good angles at Brands so I was shooting as I saw it.

307259371_kxoTP-L.jpg

307080842_aDnwD-L.jpg

307075321_ndv9J-L.jpg

307076169_CUTPG-L.jpg

307007082_4HnPF-L.jpg

307007329_Wezwc-L.jpg

307074250_kVxdC-L.jpg

307014795_vJpGE-L.jpg

307263490_s7evc-L.jpg

307247514_M3ncb-L.jpg

307249880_yjVKc-L.jpg

307252304_QGfwT-L.jpg

307017186_qXcZg-L.jpg

307254642_xwn6T-L.jpg

307256229_YrekR-L.jpg

307256075_5WCgW-L.jpg

nice shots. i like the gold helmets of the pair in the spyder. do they still have a race series with them? they were very entertaining whilst they were support races for the super tourers. the pics look a bit under exposed to me, but then the weather doesn't look particularly good.

the pics look a bit under exposed to me, but then the weather doesn't look particularly good.

Weather was rubbish yes, but I always get that comment. Think I'm doing something wrong.

Great shots, like the one of the Spyder. Really nice shots. I will be seeing a lot of Renaults over the weekend. Going Silverstone for the world series!!

Weather was rubbish yes, but I always get that comment. Think I'm doing something wrong.

Better to be under than over. If you're using a Nikon DSLR that could be why you often get the comment, as they tend to underexpose slightly. But it's easily corrected.

But otherwise these shots are brilliant. I'm loving the simplicity of the seventh in the first post. Great colours and lines in the background.

And you haven't overdone the camera tilt either. Kinda bugs me when people do that.

(y)

i have the under exposing problem quite a bit when the weather is not so good as well. it isn't something like the brightness setting on your monitor is it? just a thought.

i have the under exposing problem quite a bit when the weather is not so good as well. it isn't something like the brightness setting on your monitor is it? just a thought.

Possibly, although I don't really make any adjustments to the photos so they are pretty much as is.

Will try and calibrate the monitor to see if that's an issue, any ideas without spending a fortune on those devices?

First of all, this was my second time at Brands and whilst I'm there I really dislike the place, so corporate and soulless (in my opinion).

Really? Ok...

Loving the valver (#3) and the blue cup (#7). But I was going to mention the under exposure. If you have Adobe Lightroom that would easily pull the levels back up for you with minimul effort or a play in PS. But all in all some great shots! Were these with your 300mm?

I'm sure I recognise your username from somewhere. Are you on Clio Sport by any chance?

Sy

corporate and soulless?
in what way?

Haven't got an issue with the track or photography angles.

I'm used to Castle Combe, where you can phone up or email a real named person, you can pop in etc etc. There is a real club feel to it which I really like. It's still very professional and has excellent facilities, but maintains an almost family feel to it.

I'm just not a fan of the overriding MSV banner which away from the actual track seems to make everything look the same. Hard to explain really, just don't get a great feeling from the place.

Maybe but Brands is not like that because its a proper circuit with world class events...

I guess somewhere in between the club circuits and the FIA hell that is Silverstone... which makes for the best balance IMHO.

Nice shots. You've got the most common angles nailed around Paddock and Druids. Panning up the hill is done well and you've blurred out the nasty fences and bins which are any eyesore when there's no crowd.

Not been to Castle Combe before so can't really compare it. But clinical is not a way I'd ever describe Brands, it does it's job and does it well IMO. I've not even mentioned the fences - damn ;)

Back