Renting from PC World - anyone done it?

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

As I'm self employed, I can write certain things off against tax - one of those being the cost of equipment wholly for business use.

I am considering moving to Mac permanently (at the moment I do about half half) but cannot afford one of the new ones.

I rather like the idea of renting - don't like it? Give it back. Can't afford it? Give it back.

Of course the flipside is that it's dead money in theory - but then again laptops are like cars and will suffer depreciation over time.

So - has anyone done it, or is anyone doing it, and would you recommend it?

Cheers,
James

I am doing it now had the laptop about 6 months ago and it seems a pretty good deal,of course until I make them an offer at the end of the agreement I wont know how good a deal

I'm doing it just now (RentSmart) with an HP laptop I use for work - no problems - so far!

Hi all,

As I'm self employed, I can write certain things off against tax - one of those being the cost of equipment wholly for business use.

I am considering moving to Mac permanently (at the moment I do about half half) but cannot afford one of the new ones.

I rather like the idea of renting - don't like it? Give it back. Can't afford it? Give it back.

Of course the flipside is that it's dead money in theory - but then again laptops are like cars and will suffer depreciation over time.

So - has anyone done it, or is anyone doing it, and would you recommend it?

Cheers,
James

Apple do 'Lease Finance' package through their Business section. You can choose you're lease period and then buy the item at 2% of the value at the end. Its essentially HP by another name but it works well (for me at least).

Higher Intelligence do a similar 'rent to buy' package over a 12 month period with an option to buy at 25% of original price but it works out as a very expensive way to do things compared to the Apple package. Have a look here: http://store.apple.com/uk_smb_67752

The Lease Finance option can be found at the 'check-out' stage.

Check out what it will cost you. I looked into Rental/Leasing a few months ago but the near 30% apr put me off. It all comes down to how much profit you are making,as to it being a good deal or not.

A word with your accountant might be a good idea

Back