Renumbering images

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I started using two bodies today. How can I rename them in LR in sequential order without having to do them individually and can I rearrange in time taken order to get them in the right order first????

Last edited:
Yes, When you import your images you can tell LR to rename the images. I rename mine YYYYMMDDHHMMSS## with the ## being a sequence number (for this high speed bursts were you have more than one image per second).

Then in LR you can sort by File name (ASC or DESC)

On the import screen, look on the right and you will see a tab called File Renaming. From the Template dropdown choose edit and build your customer naming template so it looks like this.

Obviously, for this to work you need to ensure the date and time on both cameras are correct.

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 19.39.54.jpg

Last edited:
What I mean is I was using both bodies to take action shots where I had the 70-200 on one and 200-500 on the other and was alternating between bodies taking rugby shots depentant on where they were on the field

What I mean is I was using both bodies to take action shots where I had the 70-200 on one and 200-500 on the other and was alternating between bodies taking rugby shots depentant on where they were on the field

Sorry, don't know what you mean. If you do what I suggested, then all images will be in date/time order regardless of which body took the shot

As long as both cameras clocks are synchronised - just sort by capture time in LR and edit away. Synchronise new filenames when you export the raw files.

I do this with the D850 and Fuji X-Pro2 all the time.

As long as both cameras clocks are synchronised - just sort by capture time in LR and edit away. Synchronise new filenames when you export the raw files.
This is how I do it shooting with two or three bodies.

I do this with the D850 and Fuji X-Pro2 all the time.

This is how I do it shooting with two or three bodies.
:agree:

Back