Repair for a Konica Auto S2?

Name
Lloyd
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys, I recently bought a Konica Auto S2 from eBay, and there are several big problems with it:

- Rangefinder mirror seems to have fallen off (I can hear it rattle about), so the RF patch isn't visible in the viewfinder.

- Shutter seems to have jammed. The film advance/shutter cock lever doesn't budge at all.

- Likewise the rewind button is stuck, it won't pop back out

- Finally there are a few cosmetic flaws with the binding on the leatherette.

Luckily the lens seems in good nick, but I was wondering if there are any places that'll restore it back to its former glory for a not-obscene amount of money. Opinions?

Thanks

Sad to say but if you can't fix it yourself I'd bin it, maybe keep the lens if it's a good one and use the body to practice stripping down and rebuilding.

Pity, while the S2 is a nice model the high cost of repairs tends to mean that the lesser RF cameras are left as display or parts once they stop working.

Maybe buy another and that way you have spares if the same thing happens?

Arthur

Took it apart, the RF mirror just needs to be stuck on and I've managed to un-jam the film advance. The aperture seems fully working, need to find a way to un-jam the shutter now... Thank god for Google.

I bought a voigtlander as 'faulty' with a supposedly stuck shutter, it just need working, after a few years lying in someones loft they can dry out. There's an old watchmakers trick of leaving a watch suspended over a small dish of parafin so the vapour lubricates it, if you can remove the shutter it might be worth a try.

Back