Replace last 600EX with godox?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I now have a bunch of Ad200/pro which I use essentially exclusively.

I got rid of most of my Canon speedlites with just the one left now (not in amazing shape btw), including godox receiver. Is there any point holding on to that in case I need on camera (bounce) flash for some quick shot in some event, or am I better off replacing it with something Godox? Main points are light colour, AF assist beam, and compatability with say R6... This is essentially a backup unit, and I have no idea if I won't be switching to sony instead at some point... thoughts welcome.

If you don't have the need for another Godox whatever, I don't see the point in replacing it. And if it's rather beat up, I don't see much point in selling it either. And I wouldn't be upgrading until I at least had settled on a camera/system. I.e. I know some of the lower level Godox speedlights aren't compatible with the new Nikon Z9, and they aren't firmware upgradeable either.

I just thought godox flash would allow me to use it on camera while controlling the ad200s should ever need it. That's a gain of function back to what I had with all canon/yn setup. V860ii Vs v1 is another question.

Back