Replacement battery for Asus Notebook/laptop

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I am trying to source a replacement battery for my laptop which according to the serial label on the underside is a Notebook PC X551C. it states 19V, 2.37A, AND 45W. The only replacements I can find all have a voltage of 14.8, would that be satisfactory or does it mean the unit would be underpowered. I bought the laptop from a shop as used, and although it runs Windows 10 I suspect it is quite old, although it has been upgraded to Windows 10 and has a 1.3 core intel processor. I currently run it on the mains as the battery only lasts an hour or so from a full charge, but it would obviously be better to be able to use it without being plugged in. Thanks in advance for any information

The 19V input rating on the laptop is for your charger and nothing to do with the battery. The correct voltage for the battery in these laptops is 14.4V or 14.8V and you will see that by removing the battery and looking at the label on the battery itself.

I've looked at videos how to look at and change the battery on my Asus laptop, and all show remove the keyboard and disconnect various cables, but I'm sure when I looked quite a while ago I saw one which said there was no need to detach them and only pull the keyboard away from the back of the laptop to get at the battery, but I can't remember if it was on YouTube or on here, which is where I usually ask for help. Anybody know the simplest way?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOkvpoeNJI0

I guess you may be able to get away with not removing the ribbon cables but it's probably easier just to remove them. It looks like there are three to remove, the keyboard, the touchpad and the power button.

Removal will allow you more room and an extra hand when replacing the battery and will avoid the cables potentially getting damaged.

Last edited:
Thanks again, I saw an old post of yours where you said you weren't sure if you were allowed to post certain advice due to your business, assuming you are now , can you recommend where I could obtain a battery from? I only know it's not advisable to buy the cheapest, but being on a pension I can't go for the most expensive .

Back