Replacement Chargers (Canon)

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes

I seem to have misplaced my chargers for my 1100D & 5D3.
I suspect they are in deepest, darkest Somerset (I've rung and they are going to look)

But, preparing for the worst, does any one have recommendations for replacements that they've used?
I've looked on amazon and the bay of thieves, it would appear to be anything from around £45 from argos to less than £10 for a "genuine" one from China...
For the 5d3, as I have genuine batteries, a new canon one seems sensible, but for the 1100D, less so.

Thoughts? (Other than "you plonker")

That's the same one I have. Means I only have to take one bottle into the shower charger on holiday since it does pretty much any LiIon camera battery (doesn't much like the slotted type batteries like those my D750 uses - thanks for the charge in Iceland Rich!) as well as AA(A)s and also has a USB port. Mine got lobbed in with a 2nd hand compact since LCE had lost the genuine charger. I'd knocked them down from £35 to £30 on the camera and at the time, the charger they gave me was priced up at £35!

Oh, the Hahnel unipal has a handy charge level indicator for LiIons - take it as a guide rather than gospel but it does give a vague clue as to the charge level!

I seem to have misplaced my chargers for my 1100D & 5D3.
I suspect they are in deepest, darkest Somerset (I've rung and they are going to look)

But, preparing for the worst, does any one have recommendations for replacements that they've used?
I've looked on amazon and the bay of thieves, it would appear to be anything from around £45 from argos to less than £10 for a "genuine" one from China...
For the 5d3, as I have genuine batteries, a new canon one seems sensible, but for the 1100D, less so.

Thoughts? (Other than "you plonker")
For the 1100D/1200D I had to get my grand-daughter a replacement a few months ago.

Got this one

DSTE[emoji768] 2x LP-E10 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery + DC117U Travel and Car Charger Adapter for Canon EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D, EOS Kiss X50, EOS Kiss X70, EOS Rebel T3, EOS Rebel T5 Digital Camera https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HYRO6NY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JZfWxb1DXEKCK

The extra car charger and batteries have proved great. DSTE batteries seem very well made.

I think for the 5D3 (LP-E6N) battery carger, personally I wouldd go with OEM, whiich are not an outrageous price. £2K body cheapo battery charger.... [emoji54] Even though I praise the DSTE gear above.

I have a DSTE one with 2 of their Ep-6N batteries but I only use those batteries in my cheapo LED videoPanel light!

Steve

Be aware that some stuff that's "Sold by ChineseCompanyName, fulfilled by Amazon" stuff will end up on a slow boat from China. so if you need it in a hurry, there might be better ways to investigate!

Cheers everyone.
Is the 5D3 charger the LC-E6E?
Park Cameras indicate that it's for the 5D2 & 5D3, but WEX and Calumet only state 5D2
3 of my batteries are LP-E6, but one is a newer LP-E6N (with a whole extra 65 mah apparently).

I got a 5D3 charger from eBay in China. Looked genuine but didn't perform that way. I always stick to genuine and pony up the cost of them.

Have you got one yet?

I have 2 that I no longer use from an old 5d mk2 and 7d mk1, before I upgraded both cameras you can have one for free.

Trevor

Have you got one yet?

I have 2 that I no longer use from an old 5d mk2 and 7d mk1, before I upgraded both cameras you can have one for free.

Trevor
Hi Trevor,
No I haven't replaced the 5D3 one yet. I've bought a replacement for the 1100D one on the basis that once you buy a replacement, the originals will turn up...
If it doesn't re-appear in the next couple of weeks, can I take you up on your kind offer?
I can do a bank tfr for the cost of postage + something for a charity of your choice.

Tim

That's fine Tim, just let me know and I will pop it in the post.
Not worried about postage happy for you to put a couple of quid in a charity box of your choice if yours doesn't turn up.

Back