Replacement for my 10-20 Sigma

Edit My Images
Yes
I foolishly lost my 10-20 when doing some landscape photography last week. Now i loved this lens and need to find a replacement one as soon as possible.

My question does any company produce a 10 or 12mm lens relatively cheaper than the price of the Sigma? Or is my best option to by the same lens again?

I dont mind either a zoom or prime option. thanks in advance.

Can you claim it on your insurance? At least you would only have to pay the excess.

not insured! yes idiot i know!

I am in the process of insuring my kit right now (he says searching forum for other threads...)

Sorry to hear you lost your lens :( What a nightmare!

I think a like for like replacement is going to be your best bet tbh. The Canon 10-22 would be more expensive. There are Tamron and Tokina alternatives but I think you'd be better with the devil you know imo :shrug:

I agree, stick with the Sigma, great lens. My home insurance covers me for items out of the house up to £1500, so it might be worth checking that first.

Where abouts were you taking pictures, when you lost it? I'm after one of these lenses ;)

Just kidding mate, must be horrible, i would be really annoyed even if i lost a lens cap...

JB

Great lens (y)

Sorry to hear of your loss....:crying:

Hrm, that reminds me. Must add new stuff to my camera insurance Monday.

I've got the Nikon 12-24, great lens. Maybe see if you can get one cheap second hand?

Onestop is offering them for £249 posted at the moment. But be careful to find out about the returns policy, as there is an occasional quality control issue with this lens. I needed a replacement but I bought in the UK.

Anyway...are you gonna tell us how you lost it? I'm genuinely interested.

Anyway...are you gonna tell us how you lost it? I'm genuinely interested.

I have no exact idea but i think it may have fallen out when i changed lenses and could have rolled under the bench so when i looked back to check i had everything it was out of sight. It was on its protective bag.

:(Ah well.

Gutted! I was out with mine on Saturday shooting in and around an estuary harbour (tide out), and changing to my 50 I nearly dropped the Sigi in the stinky mud. Caught it...and looked around to see if anyone noticed:LOL:
Where's that home insurance policy?

Back