Replacement for NEX 7

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi all its been a while for me on here. After selling up my Canon gear I've been using my Sony NEX 7 with 3 e mount lens. I would like to upgrade to full frame (I would like to stick with Sony) what would be your recommended upgrade and can I use my emount lenses ok on your suggestion (preferably without adapter)

Thanks all

The only way you can use your E mount lenses is with an E mount camera....

Currently the full frame E mounts are.... A7 / A7ii / A7r / A7rii / A7s. HOWEVER, if your lenses are NOT FE you will have to use them in crop mode on those cameras which limits the megapixels they will shoot at and image quality.

Unfortunately, you will need to ditch your current lenses if they are not FE and you want to use one of the full frame Sony E mount cameras to their full potential. So a start from scratch.

Last edited:
E mount lenses are designed for use with APS-C sensors so are not compatible with full frame.

Well, you can use them but they are cropped- if you see what I mean. E mount lenses will vignette on a full frame.
Sony produces the FE mount for full frame which covers the sensor.

Edit, I'm a slow typer :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice both. Seems like I need to start from scratch if I want to go full frame.

Back