Replacement Laptop battery (HELP required please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Would any of you more experienced tech gurus know which type of replacement battery I will need for my Laptop ?

Its a Thinkpad i5 Gen Carbon fibre - its NOT the type of battery thats screwd to the underside, but rather its actually Inside the laptop

Below is the device Spec

Device name - DESKTOP-UI1B8H5

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
installed RAM - 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID - EB0F6085-6B86-4ED8-9529-17A1DD2EB6D0
Product ID - 00330-50155-11279-AAOEM
System type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen & Touch - No pen or touch input is available for this display

Is this something that could do my self once I know what battery to purchase .. Or would I be better to leave it into a repair shop ?

Thank you in advance for any help/information

Coho - Blue .... EDIT ...Unbelievable I`ve done it again and posted in the wrong forum ... Could one of the moderators move this to the proper forum please .. Apologies for any inconvenience , I was too busy reading my last cock up and posted here by mistake

Last edited:
I’m in the laptop battery business so may be able to help but I’d need the full model number of the laptop.

Unfortunately non of the info you have provided is useful for identifying the battery. You should be able to find the model number on the underside of the laptop.

Replacing the battery is pretty easy but you should feel comfortable with opening the laptop up and you’ll need some small screwdrivers or torx bits.

Once you know the model number you can usually find a video or two on YouTube which shows how to open up and replace the battery.

Thank you all for your help ,I must add I`m a numpty with any PC related .. the only thing on the bottom of the laptop are as follows

Numbers on the bottom of the Laptop IMEI 015105002462414
Type 20hr- 002 MUK S/N PF-13603K 18/20
Sticker on top is - Intel CORE i7 7th Gen

There are no other numbers apart from a small sticker that is black with black writing which is so small I am struggling to read it even with a Bright tourch , can`y even make out anything on the sticker ...

Please bear with me if you need any more info , I`ll be happy to be guided

@DemiLion , thank you , I`ve tried looking on the website via the link but to be honest I dont really know what I`m looking for there are so many models its a mine field

Coho -Blue

I’m in the laptop battery business so may be able to help but I’d need the full model number of the laptop.

Unfortunately non of the info you have provided is useful for identifying the battery. You should be able to find the model number on the underside of the laptop.

Replacing the battery is pretty easy but you should feel comfortable with opening the laptop up and you’ll need some small screwdrivers or torx bits.

Once you know the model number you can usually find a video or two on YouTube which shows how to open up and replace the battery.

Yes I guess I`d feel comfortable enough opening the Laptop , my only worry was the chances of me opening it and have some sort of spring pop out ..

The laptop used to be charged in the morning then I`d get a fairrly long days use out of it however this last while back I`m having to charge it more and more , maybe 3 - 4 times , considering I`m not a heavy user I mostly browse and rarely do much more than that so I figured the battery is maybe needing replaced, I`ve had it a couple of years now ..

Coho - blue

Open Windows Explorer

Right Click on 'This PC' and select properties.

Directly below @Device Specifications' and above 'Device Name' should be the model name of your computer.

Use that.

only done an apple mac battery replacement

Last edited:
Yes I guess I`d feel comfortable enough opening the Laptop , my only worry was the chances of me opening it and have some sort of spring pop out ..

The laptop used to be charged in the morning then I`d get a fairrly long days use out of it however this last while back I`m having to charge it more and more , maybe 3 - 4 times , considering I`m not a heavy user I mostly browse and rarely do much more than that so I figured the battery is maybe needing replaced, I`ve had it a couple of years now ..

Coho - blue
There are no springs to fly out but you'll probably need a pry tool to release catches around the edge of the back once you've removed the screws.

On the Thinkpads I think the model should be on the screen, so it would say something like x1 carbon or x240 or T420….

Going by the type number (20HR) you have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th Generation.

We have an original and also a compatible battery for that laptop which you can find on our website here.

Unfortunately the compatible is out of the stock at the moment and is due in around the middle of the month.

The Lenovo support website link I posted earlier in this thread has an option to download an 'app' that will identify your laptop for you if you have any doubts. As far as opening the case is concerned, an old plastic credit/debit card is a handy tool for gently prising open laptop cases.

Going by the type number (20HR) you have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th Generation.

We have an original and also a compatible battery for that laptop which you can find on our website here.

Unfortunately the compatible is out of the stock at the moment and is due in around the middle of the month.

Erm, excuse me. But are you registered as a supplier/advertiser on this site?

I’m not advertising on the site. Somebody asked for help and I offered it.
So, mind your bloody business.

You linked to Duracell Direct. Do they pay to advertise here?
I had seen your post, the rules are clear about members advertising.
I accepted the fact that you were trying to be helpful, so I let that one slide.
However, there is no need to be rude.
And I'm sure you won't do either again.

I’m not advertising on the site. Somebody asked for help and I offered it.
So, mind your bloody business.

You linked to Duracell Direct. Do they pay to advertise here?

You might wish to invest in a dictionary.

This website needs all the financial input that it can get. If you're going to advertise your business, then it is only right that you pay for that.

I had seen your post, the rules are clear about members advertising.
I accepted the fact that you were trying to be helpful, so I let that one slide.
However, there is no need to be rude.
And I'm sure you won't do either again.

Sorry but had I not mentioned that I was in the battery business or that the site was my own nobody would have batted an eyelid.

I am well aware of the rules but but do not believe that me posting a link to a specific battery that another member was specifically looking for is “advertising”. People post links to external sites all the time in response to other members questions.

What I don’t appreciate is nosey members who are not moderators or admins questioning my motives.

As I see it, I’m the only person who has given the OP a useful reply.

Last edited:
Sorry but had I not mentioned that I was in the battery business or that the site was my own nobody would have batted an eyelid.
I knew what business you were in before you posted that.
And to save any more bitching, mind the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back