Replacement lens suggestions

Name
Tilly
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, I'm looking at replacing my Canon fit Tamron 55-200mm LD Di II with something better. I bought it a few years ago when I got my first DSLR camera, a Canon 1100D and I've never really had a problem with it. I've recently got into landscape photography and noticed that the colours that the Tamron lens produces aren't as good as the ones my Canon 18-55mm IS STM produces. To be honest I've always regretted buying the Tamron lens instead of the Canon 55-250mm IS STM but it was cheap and it's what I could afford at the time. I'm thinking about buying a Canon 55-250mm STM and wanted to ask people's opinions on this lens and if there would be a lens that would serve me better for landscape photography and general use. The lens will be going on a Canon 60D and I'm not looking to spend more than £200 if possible.
Thanks

Last edited:
The Canon 55-250mm has a reputation for punching above its weight, and it's currently £186 at Amazon, which seems like a real bargain. I don't think you'll do any better within your budget.

Thanks for the reply Stewart. It's the lens I'm probably going to go for, I can pick one up from MPB for £129

Back