Replacement part for dropped 30D

Edit My Images
Yes
I knocked my 30D off the side this morning. It over balanced because I'd left the beanbag on the bottom and the flash on the top, so it's totally my fault and I feel like a right numpty :crying:

Anyway, the plastic bit over the LCD screen on the top of the camera has smashed. The LCD screen itself works fine and the camera is still fully functional as far as I can tell.

duh.jpg

Any ideas whether I can get a replacement plastic cover for the screen? It would be very easy to remove & replace if I could just get the spare part.

fixation are a great company, but i think you'd need to dissasemble the camera body to take out the screen from the inside, and from what i've heard its a pain and you could wreck your camera. might need to send it in if you want it done. i'd call fixation.

Thanks for the replies. I got in touch with the Colechester Camera Repair place (along with a couple of other places) and they replied saying they could get me a new part for £20 so I ordered it :)

Replacement is very simple and doesn't involve taking anything apart thankfully :) It even comes with sticky pads to apply the new clear bit.

Interesting that another shop replied and said that they would need to extensively examine my camera first to diagnose the fault..... I got the feeling that they hadn't even bothered to read my email :/

Anyway, hopefully it's all sorted
fixation are a great company, but i think you'd need to dissasemble the camera body to take out the screen from the inside, and from what i've heard its a pain and you could wreck your camera. might need to send it in if you want it done. i'd call fixation.
It's not the screen that has broken, it's a little plastic cover sat on top of it, which I can remove really easily (but won't until the part arrives).

Little surprised it was as much as £20, I thought the lager on on the back was only a tenner

Little surprised it was as much as £20, I thought the lager on on the back was only a tenner
I was too, but it was the only place that I managed to get to respond to my request so I had to bite the bullet.

Back