Replacements for Fuji X10

Name
phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Left my X10 where I shoudn’t have and lost it.
This camera was ideal for carrying about in a pocket and performed well. I know a lot of people have or had one of these and would like recommendations for a replacement.

Thanks
Phil

That depends what it was about the X10 you liked :) If it was the small size and you rarely used the viewfinder then one of the Sony RX100 models would easily match it for image quality and be more pocketable. If it’s the Fuji colours and menus you liked then it would have to be another Fuji so perhaps a used X10/30/30 or the smaller XF1 or later which had the same sensors in a smaller form factor.

Assuming it's the Fuji colours and handling that you're after, you could try an X-E3 and 15-45 PZ. This is what I replaced my X-30 with and it works for me.

If you can find one, an X-30.

Still use my x30 as a walkabout camera, but they hold their second hand price so are not cheap.

I don't think there is really anything that quite matches the X10/20/30 in terms of appeal. It was never really about image quality but more about the charm and user experience. Most stuff nowadays seems to be trying to squeeze as much IQ out of a s small a body as possible and the ergonomics oftern suffer as a consequence. Real shame Fuji never replaced the X30. For you, an X30 (or even another X10) is the obvious option but I personally find it hard to justify the cost of a used X30 now. For my 'compact' needs, I use an X100T (and an E-M5ii) but I think I'd also take a look at the Panasonic LX100 if I was shopping again. Or if the VF is not needed, and you are happy with a fixed focal length, the X30, Nikon coolpix A and Ricoh GRI/II/III might worth looking at too.

My favourite thing about the X10/20/30 series is the manual zoom. If it's a feature you like, there's not a lot of competition in a compact.

Back