Replacing my Nikon DSLR setup

Its a bit hard to go back to APS-C once you get used to FF. :D

I use the xPro 2 for street and for more casual stuff.

I also suspect I am suffering from GAS now. :police:

Thanks for the site recommendation. It seems really helpful to judge the size implications of Sony G lenses which are heavier than Nikon AF-D ones.

Ah Gas! lol I don't think that you will be disappointed with the A7C, although personally I would be more inclined to look at the A7R4 or A7R5 for those lovely files they produce but they won't be quite as compact.

Its a bit hard to go back to APS-C once you get used to FF. :D

I use the xPro 2 for street and for more casual stuff.

I also suspect I am suffering from GAS now. :police:
I think we all suffer from GAS, me sometimes 2 types of GAS :giggle:

I have no problem buying new gear, it's actually getting out and using it is where I have the problem. I keep telling myself to stop buying gear and use the money saved on going away nice places to use it, however I then question myself myself about wasting money on trips.

I struggle with Fuji X series as I got so used to FF and also just keep the Fuji for street and casual stuff. I then bought the GFX as I couldn't stand the D750 for landscapes - mainly as the 24-70mm f/2.8G was such a heavy lump which I found to be optically pretty underwhelming (especially compared to the 2 other trinity zooms). I'm not into the Fuji colour science or filters and prefer a good old Nikon RAW file. The difference between APS-C and FF is much more noticeable than FF and GFX (medium format). The medium format files are lovely with incredible detail when you view them at 100% on your monitor, but once you downsize them for printing or uploading to the internet you don't see any noticeable difference to FF (well I don't anyway).

Small update. I went and bought the 23mm Viltrox f/1.4 lens to pair with the A6500. I will sell the 35mm as I don’t really need that length.. Now I haven’t really used it yet.. I did go to the NEC Classic Car show yesterday, but opted just to use my phone. I was flying from Belfast and wasn’t taking a bag with me.. So not sure if that the sign of things to come and me not using it just like the D750.. we’ll see..

Small update. I went and bought the 23mm Viltrox f/1.4 lens to pair with the A6500. I will sell the 35mm as I don’t really need that length.. Now I haven’t really used it yet.. I did go to the NEC Classic Car show yesterday, but opted just to use my phone. I was flying from Belfast and wasn’t taking a bag with me.. So not sure if that the sign of things to come and me not using it just like the D750.. we’ll see..
The problem I find with taking a camera to an event I'm interested in is I end up concentrating on taking pictures and miss out on enjoying the event.

To make you laugh I bought a Fuji XF23mm f/2 lens about 6 years ago and I've taken no more than 5 pictures (on one occassion) with it lol. The last lens I bought was a Fuji GF100-200mm new in Jan 2023 for around £1200, I didn't even test it to see if it worked until June 2023. Over the years I've become more blase with gear which has saved me a few grand on not bothering with insurance.

I went to Wex yesterday and just collected a X100V for my father in law, but when I was there I saw the Nikon Z fc with a 28mm f/2.8 which looks quite nice and felt nice and light.. nicer to handle than the A6500 I bought.. Lol.. gear is pure trouble..

I went to Wex yesterday and just collected a X100V for my father in law, but when I was there I saw the Nikon Z fc with a 28mm f/2.8 which looks quite nice and felt nice and light.. nicer to handle than the A6500 I bought.. Lol.. gear is pure trouble..
A few months ago I picked up the Z fc in Wex and set off the alarm. I try to keep away from camera shops and photography exhibitions incase I buy anything. Probably the worst shop to visit is Grays as I find the staff can be quite pushy into getting you to make a purchase and finally they always try to get you to subscribe to Nikon Owner Magazine. Last time they tried to get me to take a subscription on Nikon Owner Magazine I told them I'm not really into Nikon that much as I use more than one brand. They still send me emails every month about subscribing to that wretched magazine and randomly post the odd edition for free to my home to try and tempt me, but I don't even open the plastic sleeve and the magazine goes straight in the bin.

Back