Reputable place to scan 35mm slides

Edit My Images
No
Could somebody recommend a place that will do a good job? I have 1800 colour 35mm slides which I'd like scanning at the highest possible quality and putting onto DVD discs. the cost isn't that much of an issue. I've had a google for firms but I'd just be taking pot luck.

I would prefer to take my slides in person, as sending them through the postal system would give me sleepless nights (as well as cost a fortune).

I am in East Devon

Thanks!

At say 32p a slide that would be over £500 and that sort of money would buy you a descent scanner and you would have control over quality, think about it.

If you could put in the time I would nearly say it would be better to buy a scanner and scan them yourself, you could always sell the scanner afterwards and make back some of the scanner cost. Although that would be a large amount of time so i guess it depends on how much of a value you would put on the time taken to do it. www.peak-imaging.co.uk im sure would be good, I always use them for large prints and their print quality is fantastic, i've always been impressed by their professionalism.

If you have any slight know-how I personally would do them myself, as said above for the costs involved you can get a VERY good scanner, plus when you've finished the project, you have the scanner to boot.

You say you would like them on DVD, what do you intend to do with them, is it just for archive purposes?

Thanks for the suggestions anyway guys.

So ,let's say I opt to do my own scanning, which scanner would you recommend with a budget of upto £500?

Regarding stoarge, might be worth buying an external HD too, as you can get 500gb - 1TB of storage now for a lot less than £100. This way if one of your DVD's packs up you still have a backup.

As to scanners not sure really, we've got 2 £40,000 scanners at work, but that might be slightly out your budget :LOL:

Have a scout round on the review sites, I have a little Epson 4490 A4 which is a cracking little thing for less than £100, so it might be worth looking at an A3 version or better of something like this??

I have a little Epson 4490 A4 which is a cracking little thing for less than £100, so it might be worth looking at an A3 version or better of something like this??

The Epson is a flatbed though?

I'd be better with a dedicated slide scanner surely?

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions but I'm completely new to the scanning lark!

Back