resizing/re-sampling

Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys
i have just had a gallery set up for me by EosD, i would now like to manipulate my photos to the appropriate size for it. Which way does anyone recommend resizing them, tight crop and drop file size, or re-sample and drop file size, or 'save for web' route, or just alter the pixel width.
Waiting with baited breath.
cheers
stevannie :thumb:

File>Save for Web,

Click on 'Image Size' tab on lower right of Save For Web window,
in 'new size' textboxes, enter desired height or width (600pixels on longest length for your TPF gallery if I remember rightly)
Set your quality in the 'quality' drop down menu ie: bicubic/bicubic softer/bicubic sharper.

Click the rigt pointing little arrow in the upper right area of the 'save for web' window (to the right of the 'preset' dropdown menu and directly above the 'optimized' tick box)
Click on the 'optimise to file size' option from the dropdown menu and enter your 'desired file size' (160k for here)

This will optimise your dimensions and file size quickly and easily for your gallery and image posts without changing your main image.

Edit: cross posted with CT...forgot about the tutorial but it's such a useful method, it's worth highlighting again!
I use it all the time now :thumb:

hi guys
many thanks, will be adjusting/uploading my photos later this evening, meanwhile i will carry on with my miniature painting.
cheers
stevannie

Interesting. Be good to see how this differs from a fixed-size crop and 'save as' JPEG and selecting file size by moving the slider.
All my transmission stuff is done this way - 12" along the long side at 175dpi and JPEG'd to transmit at 60 seconds-ish on a dial-up modem.

Back