Resnapper Kit - general questions on heads

Edit My Images
Yes
I am going to call Joe very shortly to order a 283 tripod but not sure what to do about a head.

Choices are the free HCS24 3 way on offer or buy the kit with the 528 which will cost another £20. First question - is the 528 that much better and so worth the extra 20? (well a bit less as it is £70 normal price so should get %10 off).

Having said that I am now starting to think I will be better getting the RSH-12 ball head as it looks to be the best option for what I intend to use it for, the 3way (whatever one) could then probably be used more for my telescope than anything else). So same question as above but in the context of a telescope what difference would I find between the 24 & 528?

Main driver for the ballhead is really the fact I have a monopod with no head, which drives me nuts trying to get the angle and still support it properly. However is the RSH12 suitable for use on a monopod or is it a bit on the heavy/big side, in which case should I get the miniball aswell (RSH 20) (assuming it can be bought seperately) or would swapping the ball head between tripod and existing monopod work effectively?

Cheers!!

Back