Respect for this

Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
2 reasons for this thread. (1) to try out standard aspect ratio crops and (2) to show another side of the park I visited Saturday morning.

Redflower1422pb.jpg

Redflower1420pb.jpg

Parklandscape1447pb.jpg

4. I saw this at the side of the road on my way back from training in Hereford yesterday.
Roadsideflower1794pb.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Well up to your usual standard:clap:

Nice to see another side to the park... we all know that people in general are lazy and don't think about dropping litter, but when they past that same habit on to their children it make me mad that these will be the future adults of this world.:wacky: Just how bad it will get..:shrug:

The flower shots from the park are exceptional. The lake is also very great. That is a much better side to the park. The fourth image was well worth stopping for.

Diversion: I thought you mentioned that you drove a BMW (or was it a convertible). If the BMW driver's club found out that you stopped to photograph a road side flower, they will drum you out; unless you caused a two mile tail back, in which you might gain added inconvenience points. I am not suggesting that you are one of the BMW drivers who think the Germans won the last war and drive round Britain in that belief.

Back on route. Fabulous shots and using standard aspect ratios for the crops (not sure about one of them). #1 is my favourite, just staggering. Brilliant set and well thought out too.

Thanks Spartacus and 68lbs. Glad you like them :)

Thanks for the advice Russell it was very much appreciated and I think I understand the subject a lot better now. Really glad you like the photographs :)
P.S I drive a BMW convertible but don't want to belong to any group. Fortunately there wasn't a lot of traffic on the country road so sorry but no tail backs or holds ups while I took the photograph :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Russell it was very much appreciated and I think I understand the subject a lot better now. Really glad you like the photographs :)
P.S I drive a BMW convertible but don't want to belong to any group. Fortunately there wasn't a lot of traffic on the country road so sorry but no tail backs or holds ups while I took the photograph :LOL:

I don't know if the standard aspect ratio had an impact on your composing the shot in the park (or by the roadside). The fact that you presented the images in one of the ratios means you must have considered this aspect of the composition at some time. What I often do when presenting onto this site is resize them back up to 800 on one side, as long as the image will take it. If you're allowed 800 then use the 800, that's my stance on the matter. The photographs are great. Formidable, more practice for my trip to the Dordogne.

#3 is a lovely peaceful shot Maureen, composition works well for me.......(y)

Where's that pond Maureen, we must have a picnic on the far bank with our two dogs :D
First rose for me(y), must be the dark background immediately behind the flower that I prefer, which is why I find the no.4 a bit on the bright side.

Hi Galaxy the pond is in Sandwell Park West Mids.
Thanks or stopping to look and for the kind comment glad you like it :)

They are lovely photos, roses are stunning, some talent on here(y)

Beautifull set, the roses are very delicate, and #3 looks idylic :)
#4 was well worth stopping for (y)

I love looking at your threads, this is another set of fabulous shots! The first two are my favourites, stunners! :D :clap:

Thanks for the lovely comment Ladybird really glad you like the images :)

Thank you Barbara glad you like them. Thought it only fair to show why respecting the park was important. It has a nice side.
I certainly am getting the most out of the nifty. It's a lovely lens for the work I like to do but as I said yesterday can't wait to be able to buy a new one :)

Back