Retail Therapy...well it is christmas

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Inspite of the rain and generally dull conditions, ventured into Camden today armed with camera and NO money [its far too tempting]. Got loads of stuff I am happy with, so processing by theme at the moment. It seems appropriate, that as the place was mad with christmas shoppers, to start with some retail opportunities.

Used a variety of processing techniques, but no noise reduction, even though some were shot as high as ISO 800 - I need to start loving noise I think :LOL:

shop3_sml.jpg

#2 - to straighten or not? :shrug:

WGI_6681_sml.jpg

#3 - the warm glow of hot food

WGI_6665_sml.jpg

#4 - warm and welcoming as it started getting very dark and damp

WGI_6798_sml.jpg

#5 - the rustle of an expensive christmas? :LOL:

WGI_6667_sml.jpg

nice first set, i missed out :( fave is the last one as well has a nice atmosphere. Noise looks okay to me, doesnt overpower the image (y) . Did you get shots in the dark using your flash, be interested in seeing those :)

Look foward to seeing the rest...

no flash at all today, just remembered to have the 50mm ready if needed. We even had one guy running away from us, but more about that later, its dinnertime here at Mucky Mansions :D

Will do Glo, just let me go eat, then will start on the next lot ;)

im liking those alot great set LL :clap:(y)

Great set, great feel to them! Love 1 and 5 but my fave is 3!

#1 is the best by a country mile
imho!

Actually, thinking about what Adam said about the crowds, this time of year they can be a problem, BUT, if anyone fancies we can try and organize a Camden meet for the end of January-ish - I know this year, it was pretty quiet down there even at weeknds in Jan and Feb, so less people to shoot, but less in the way aswell. I shall do a thread in meetings places later, just getting ready to go out to dinner for th efirst time in months - a Tooting curry House, I expect to be less concerned about the rain on my return, it will just be evaporating off me :puke: :nuts:

Great set. Love the inside gallery pic - don't straighten!

I had one of those mix altogether for £3.50 the other day, from that very place:)

I like #2, the little girl engaging the camera, shes a bit distant but makes the shot, by asking questions...

1st and last for me, but I'm rather partial to No2 and the eye contact with the girl in the middle distance. :)

Back