Retailers TV christmas adverts

nickEnackEnoo

Suspended / Banned
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Just listening to a 'dj' and his hangeron tak about "looking forward" to a particular advert. do people really look forward to see them? if so, since when?

As kids we used to look forward to the Woolies Christmas ad.
The full versions were 2 minutes long.
That's going back a few decades.

I bet THIS doesn't get shown on prime time TV

I'm just pleased that John Lewis ad didn't come out early enough for the puppy farmers to start producing :)

Beat turkey!

Aye, because there was a massive run on penguins in 2014. :D

Rather a thoughtless comment, penguins are hardly readily available to the general public
You obviously, in your vast experience never worked with rescue
These things do tend to backlash, even harry potter and Hedwig bought a demand by the inexperienced and supply
was met by unscrupulous people.
We see it a lot in the dog rescue world, rescues cringe and wait for the influx of unwanted dogs when reality kicks in,
even Crufts has an effect on demand

Rather a thoughtless comment, penguins are hardly readily available to the general public
You obviously, in your vast experience never worked with rescue
These things do tend to backlash, even harry potter and Hedwig bought a demand by the inexperienced and supply
was met by unscrupulous people.
We see it a lot in the dog rescue world, rescues cringe and wait for the influx of unwanted dogs when reality kicks in,
even Crufts has an effect on demand

Blimey.
Sense of humour bypass is working a treat then? :D

Aye, because there was a massive run on penguins in 2014. :D

I like Penguins, Kit Kat too, Blue Riband are also nice, but my favourite is still Cadbury Snack.

Hate adverts though, either record programmes and ff through the ads or mute them if the programme is watched live. Not supposed to be louder than the programmes, but sure they are, wouldn't bet against a bit of subliminal trickery either.

The best Christmas ad ever is this one

Why? Because that's my son in his very first job as a featured artist.

Yeay for MiniMarcel!

Not supposed to be louder than the programmes, but sure they are, wouldn't bet against a bit of subliminal trickery either.

Actually, ever since I got these new super duper digital hearing aids a few months ago and thus I can now hear a wider tonal range of sounds, I did notice how the sound levels in adverts seem to suddenly "jump out" at me, so I'm sure that really is the case.

The most eagerly awaiting Christmas ad in Spain has just been released.

Well I just watched the one everyone waits for in Spain, the lottery. I found it really disappointing this year.

I saw the Coke truck ad the other day on terrestrial TV!
Seriously? :(

iframe>
I saw the Coke truck ad the other day on terrestrial TV!
Seriously? :(

You sure it wasn't Kevin the carrot in a lookalike coke truck ?
Aldi ad

View: https://youtu.be/GbfB5P6cswA

Last edited:
Will have been coke, woke the missus up when I couldn't sleep to tell her Xmas is here. She wasn't impressed.
Quite understandably too!
:p

I can do that Freesat too :D

To be honest, I'm only with Sky for the broadband, keep meaning to drop the TV package as we barely ever watch it. We have an android box connected up too. Its costing me £35 or so extra p.m for the kids to watch the odd cartoon

Back