Return to film processing?

Name
Umm......................
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking to return to film processing after a lengthy break and have placed an ad in the classifieds to see in anything is available. I always fancied the paterson system with the heated waterbath, if such things still exist!
Any help would be appreciated, though I don’t want to spend a fortune on state of the art kit in case it doesn’t work out.
Thanks.

Well I think you'll find that with a few exceptions, state of the art kit is the same as the last time you processed a film except there's significantly less of it. :)

Well I think you'll find that with a few exceptions, state of the art kit is the same as the last time you processed a film except there's significantly less of it. :)

I have had a LOT of birthdays since I last processed a film Andy, though I do have a photo on the wall at home that I took on tri-x, then printed and sepia toned in the darkroom. I still get nightmares about the sepia toning
I will also probably end up printing again with an enlarger if I am honest, though the initial plan is to scan the negs.

Thanks for the reply.

Does this mean I can pick up all I need for about six pounds ten shillings?

Well, roughly the equivalent, so about £157.67 :)

Joking aside, I started processing my own about 4 years ago and although prices have gone up (and I just use Paterson tanks and the sink) most of the equipment can be picked up for a reasonable price. If you want a Jobo processing tank you will have to cough up extra moolah but the rest is peanuts.

I always fancied the paterson system with the heated waterbath, if such things still exist!

Hi David - that sounds like you're looking to process colour film. If that's the case, I'd suggest keeping an eye on eBay. There's usually plenty of colour (and B&W) processing equipment on there. The Jobo processors have gone up in price a lot recently, but you can still pick up most B&W processing stuff for very little money if you keep your eyes peeled.

Welcome back to film :)

Back