Critique Return to Fleetwith Pike

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
No 1 is epicly good. I would just go into photoshop and tidy up the highlights around the sun a little bit. Personally I find mixer brush tool works a treat sometimes for this.

No 1 is epicly good. I would just go into photoshop and tidy up the highlights around the sun a little bit. Personally I find mixer brush tool works a treat sometimes for this.
Thanks it really was good night, didn't give much thought to the highlights round the sun main thing I was trying to do was not to saturate it as you can see it didn't need it!

i like the last one the sheep is saying "what is he doing up here, oh its ok he's a Nikon user ;) "

Now, did you walk up from Buttermere or did you cheats and acces the top via the road to the old mine?

Inspirational shots for me - these kind of images keep me motivated.

Plenty foreground interest in N01 to lead the eye in, the dusting of snow on the peaks helps to carry the interest further great image.
GEORGE.

Loving all three but #1 is my favourite. Fantastic capture and well done for not hitting the saturation slider on these. You must have been jumping for joy with the light and cloud formations when you got up there. Stunning.

Loving all three but #1 is my favourite. Fantastic capture and well done for not hitting the saturation slider on these. You must have been jumping for joy with the light and cloud formations when you got up there. Stunning.
Thanks alot - the best light was before the real sunset to be honest, once it gets low on the horizon it doesn't get above the fell line and the valley gets very dark. The clouds were a real bonus, the weather turns very quickly up there, everything was pitch dark behind me. EDIT - sods the law the best composition I got I'm looking at now and didn't process/post it, I'll put it on later, the light is possibly even better.

Last edited:
Great shots Stuart, no 1 being my favourie. Were these taken last night?

A really lovely set of images and as Quoth said an inspirational set of images. Hopefully one day I can have the time to visit somewhere nice like this and capture it so well.

They are nice Stuart but I reckon you have lifted the shadows too much and lost the affect of the raking light in the foreground especially in the first.

They are nice Stuart but I reckon you have lifted the shadows too much and lost the affect of the raking light in the foreground especially in the first.
I've gone back and looked at them and I'm honestly not sure, it was pretty bright to be honest, these weren't at sun down it was a good hour before sunset. I've dropped the shadows on the first one here for comparison, unsure if it looks better or not visually but I don't remember the cairn area in front of me being quite this much in shadow.
sunset 1 darker by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

That one looks better to my eye Stuart, lovely capture. Really like the sheep capture as well, probably my favourite from the set as it's a little different.

Last edited:
That one looks better to my eye Stuart, lovely capture. Really like the sheep capture as well, probably my favourite from the set as it's a little different.
Thanks Neil, I like the sheep one also it's just a shame I couldn't quite control the sky although I didn't have much time to compose before they scattered (as they always do!)

Nice set lovely location

Back