Return to Nostell Priory

riu

Name
steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Having taking a step from my comfort zone recently and attempted Architecture photography (admittedly a disaster), I found myself visiting Nostell Priory. The last time I was here was in 1987 when I worked at Nostell colliery.

Had a great afternoon out, and will definitely being going back

Nostell Priory by steve/e, on Flickr

It is a lovely building, have been meaning to go myself for a while. Have been put of by the parking charges now, will have to get the bus I suppose. Like the shot though nice warm tones to the building.

:clap:very nice-I used to fish there as a boy - thanks for bringing back that memory

Only one small Critique, the people in front are a tad distracting- maybe a quick clone would enhance this image

Les (y)

It is a lovely building, have been meaning to go myself for a while. Have been put of by the parking charges now, will have to get the bus I suppose. Like the shot though nice warm tones to the building.

Steve, know what you mean about the prices, luckily I am a NT member, but a few people had parked in the Spread Eagle pub car park and walked in. Think bus fare would probably be as much the parking.
Great place though.

Steve

:clap:very nice-I used to fish there as a boy - thanks for bringing back that memory

Only one small Critique, the people in front are a tad distracting- maybe a quick clone would enhance this image

Les (y)

Les, I used to fish there when I was working at Nostell Pit, and I mean whilst working (suppose that's why it shut lol).

Photoshop skills not brill, but agree. Will have a go and see what it comes out like.
Called in the Anglers at Wintersett also, lots of memories brought back to me.

Steve

I worked in South Kirkby Pit as a lad :LOL: Now a retired Game Keeper ( 60) living in Somerset

Used to fish Ryhill too - every Saturday

Good luck with the cloning - I may give it a go too :D

Les (y)

Had a quick and dirty clone session, not too bad if you don't zoom in to far.:)

nostell-copy-2.jpg

Steve, that looks much better.
Will get my CS5 book out tonight and have a dabble.

regards
Steve

Steve, that looks much better.
Will get my CS5 book out tonight and have a dabble.

regards
Steve

No problems Steve, I will have to try and get up there soon, maybe some springtime shots of the place.:)

If I were planning a trip, I'd wait for the rhododendrons.

Phil, most of the Rhododendrons have been pulled out. looking at replanting them at some point. There was a board up from NT explain the reason

steve

Agreed, this was the first thing I noticed.

It does look much better with the people cloned out too.

hoping to get back this week, before people arrive.
Read up on CA, so hopefully the reshoot will address all the issues mentioned, agree with all comments, so thanks

Steve

Back