Returns to DigitalRev

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I'm tempted to buy the Sigma 10-20mm from them, seeing as no-one else in the UK has them. The only issue is with Sigma really. I know they have quality control issues so I'm wondering what to do if I get a dud lens. Anyone have any info? Obviously the 7 day UK return thing won't work there. I'm still waiting to hear back from them myself. I emailed them last night. Anyone? :)

If there's one thing I've learned, its never to use companies with a bad reputation - even if it is only out of sheer desperation. Personally I've never had any dealings with them, but clearly you've heard stories which are making you think twice.

GfK said:
If there's one thing I've learned, its never to use companies with a bad reputation - even if it is only out of sheer desperation. Personally I've never had any dealings with them, but clearly you've heard stories which are making you think twice.
Noo its not DigitalRev, its Sigma. Sigma have the quality control issue with their lenses. I've heard nothing but good things about Digital Rev. Its just that if I bought the lens from Jessops and I felt it was a badly built lens, I could take it back. I can't quite do that with DigitalRev. They cover the warrenty, and they're good with it. I'm just not so sure how they deal with Sigma being bad with checking their lenses.

I know of someone who has returned a nikon lens to them, it was replaced with a new one.
It might take a couple of weeks to get it though, as I think they return it to the manufacturer.

They seem to have missed a final line off the end

"Buy from somewhere cheaper and you will almost certainly burn in hell".

Heh! Photography Monthly last month interviewed a Sigma rep. and that was almost his message. Good postbag the following month :p

I suppose a 3yr warrenty is a good incentive. Gunna try T4 cameras as they're listed on Canons site.

Back