Reusable 35mm cassette?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've got an unbranded E6 35mm from Analogue Wonderland. It comes in a cassette type I've not seen before. Does anyone know who makes them and if they are reusable?

IMG_20230825_105919994.jpg

IMG_20230825_105928229.jpg

Probably worth asking the AW people - they are generally quite knowledgeable and helpful

Possibly, I've seen references to two different manufacturers, Sensei (China) which per B&H are not reusable and Flic Film (Canada) which are claimed to be reusable, with Flic Film selling something called the 'Flic Pic' to open them.

Sensei:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...i_cbf_35_35mm_cassette_for_bulk.html/overview

Flic Film:
https://www.freestylephoto.com/311105-FLIC-FILM-FLIC-CASSETTES-5-PACK-REUSABLE-RELOADABLE-CARTRIDGE

Edited to add: The Luminar film I got from Popho Camera in Canada (respooled Kodak Aerocolor IV 2460) came in similar cassettes (I haven't used any of it yet) and I've seen reports that some Fomapan film is now coming in these plastic cassettes.

Last edited:
A comment I saw many years ago in the letters page of a British magazine came down to: "Reloading any cassette with a velvet light trap is a good idea, if you like scratchers on your negs".

If you have a camera, such as a Leica or a Contax, designed to use trapless cassettes, that's a different matter.

Possibly, I've seen references to two different manufacturers, Sensei (China) which per B&H are not reusable and Flic Film (Canada) which are claimed to be reusable, with Flic Film selling something called the 'Flic Pic' to open them.

Sensei:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...i_cbf_35_35mm_cassette_for_bulk.html/overview

Flic Film:
https://www.freestylephoto.com/311105-FLIC-FILM-FLIC-CASSETTES-5-PACK-REUSABLE-RELOADABLE-CARTRIDGE

Edited to add: The Luminar film I got from Popho Camera in Canada (respooled Kodak Aerocolor IV 2460) came in similar cassettes (I haven't used any of it yet) and I've seen reports that some Fomapan film is now coming in these plastic cassettes.
Thanks, they are probably the Flic Film version as the E6 on closer inspection is branded Flic Film!

A comment I saw many years ago in the letters page of a British magazine came down to: "Reloading any cassette with a velvet light trap is a good idea, if you like scratchers on your negs".

If you have a camera, such as a Leica or a Contax, designed to use trapless cassettes, that's a different matter.
I had a few of the AP/Kaiser style ones with a screw on lid - they shed felt "string" and other bits on first use.

I'm currently re-using once used film cassettes. I bought a Shirley Wellard Universal 35mm which is feltless but I can't see how they will fit in "modern" cameras (point and shoots, EOS 300 etc). I'll have a try with some scrap film. I mistakenly bought a Leica metal feltless version - the mistake being I don't have a Leica!

Tbh I've reused cassettes loads of times and not once had scratching. My oly trip, that bugger would scratch it to hell.

Is it just me or does that cassette look like the ones you get out of disposable cameras?

Tbh I've reused cassettes loads of times and not once had scratching.
I got away with it quite often but it only took one piece of grit on an important film to ruin my whole day...

Well I used to use the Pentax reloadable casette (stil have it) and don't remember any scratches and a clue when I bought it was...... IIRC when i bought a 100ft tin of B/W 35mm cinema film.....they were probably clearing out stocks as colour cinema film was the in thing.
With B/W tv and fed up seeing B/W cinema films (as a kid) its no wonder I prefer colour when it became cheap. o_O

Last edited:
Back