Reverse ND filters?

I bought a NIsi reverse Nano GND8(0.9) about 2 years ago and I tried it once, but of course you need a level horizon which limits its use, and I just found that I can obtain far better results with exposure blending.

I use a Cokin Nuances 85mm reverse grad for seascapes mostly at sunset it depends what you have already though Jerry

I have a couple of ND grads which I do use, but I find it very difficult (impossible even) to expose for the sun itself, which never looks like it should. For example on those days when a crimson ball approaches the horizon though hazy sky - and I've never been able to correct that in PP.

I have a couple of ND grads which I do use, but I find it very difficult (impossible even) to expose for the sun itself, which never looks like it should. For example on those days when a crimson ball approaches the horizon though hazy sky - and I've never been able to correct that in PP.
That was my experience Jerry, which is why I don't use it and prefer to exposure blend, I don't think your experience is unusual or due to you doing anything wrong. It is the one filter I wish I'd never bought and I think it was about £120 at the time so no small investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back