reversing adapters???

It does work but it is hard to do anything useful with it. You can get a lot of magnification but the dof is paper thin and the only way to focus is moving nearer or away from the subject.

Aperture priority works on a Canon for metering but not so sure for a Nikon so metering may be a pain too. The Aperture 'trick' in that listing is another thing that works on Canon that may not on Nikon. You need the lens shut down for any dof at all and then it all gets a bit dark for finding focus :)

I bought mine along with some spacer tubes and I think the total cost was about that price!

So it can be amusing but don't expect too much :)

has anybody seen these???

are they a load of cr*p? just seems interesting that you can use the lens back to front:thinking:

--ebay link--

Nothing new there DT - it's long been the case that a standard lens performs better when pressed into service for 'macro' work if reversed on the camera, so you should definitely see benefits, but obviously nothing approaching the quality of a true macro lens. The reversing ring is really aimed at use with extension tubes or bellows - extreme close ups in other words. :)

Back