Reversing Ring Instead Of A Macro Lens?

I have just got it working in Manual, although........I have to say it is very difficult for me to focus on anything, no chance of me getting any shots like yours:crying:

If hand held you will need f11, 1/200, flash on, then turn focusing ring until green dot appears in viewfinder, then rock back and forth until bit you want is in clear focus, then shoot.

If using a tripod I set my tripod up and adjust until I get subject more or less in focus, then I use my focus ring until I get the bit I want into sharp focus, press the self timer button, then shoot. As we have no DOF preview on D40X I just use different apertures until I get the DOF I want.

It's definitely tricky, but it gets there in the end.

DoF preview button just does that, you press it and it sets the lens to the DoF you have set, i.e if you set F/11 on your camera and press it, the shutter will go smaller and you'll see if you look through the eyepiece it will be harder to see through, i's to give you an idea of your depth of field.

hmmm, in that case, you're buggered lol. You'll be able to get shots but the DoF will be minute (1mm ish) of focus, which will be alright for tiny insects but not for much bigger.

For the DoF do you need to be in manual or AV mode? so when pressing it, it should adjust the Fstop for me?

Back