Revolution 31, National Cycling Centre, Manchester

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Thanks to a friend I had a trip out to the Revolution track event at the Manchester Velodrome on Saturday. Armed with a media wristband I was able to roam the track centre and pursue whoever I wanted :D

I've only shot at the velodrome once before and the conditions can only be described as testing - pitch black in the track centre with the track itself under harsh floodlamps.

It was a bit hit and miss but I was pretty pleased with the results. I have a selection below and plenty more on my blog or Flickr page.

5253595075_9fd1e356e0.jpg

I find the fact that I can see this guys eye through the nose-piece of his visor a little bit distracting but I like the reflection.

5254254390_96d3d09b76.jpg

Team Chep hand-off during one of the team events. One of the only successful captures I managed of this mental manoeuvre.

5253707607_fc24cec946_z.jpg

The durney peels away as the madison enters its final stage and racing commences in earnest. The lead riders peer behind them to check for snap attacks.

5254331730_3bf0a2d4a7.jpg

Matt Rotherham retains the DHL Future Stars yellow jersey in the final youth event.

5253609831_15868e2a29.jpg

Ross Edgar of team sky is amused by my attentions!

C&C very welcome. I'm hoping to attend the next one on the 15th January and will be interesting to see how next time goes.

Cheers

Ed

A tip for next time is take a picture of the white finish line and set your colour balance for the track from that.

Though you'll need a different white balance setting in the centre.

I think those reflection shots would be better if they were tighter compositions.

A tip for next time is take a picture of the white finish line and set your colour balance for the track from that.

Though you'll need a different white balance setting in the centre.

Thanks Rich, not something that I'd thought of! I use flash in the track centre so easier to balance.

I'll try a tighter crop with the reflections later and see what it looks like.

Back