RFL accreditation

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
how hard is it to get RFL accreditation

i live 2 mins walk from the KC stadium ( hull Fc ) and thinking if it is not too hard to get accrediatation then why not apply .

also what is involved

on the other side i can always go to the other side of the town to Hull kr Infact i better not wont come back alive :LOL:

Not easy, all applications are closed until next year,you also need to supply documentary evidence of £2,000,000 PLI

No one knows how easy or hard it will be when they "open up" again but everyones money is on it being much more difficult.

You've hot a hatfull of the best Amateur teams in the country on your doorstep, go shoot them, sell your images to the local and trade papers and build up some karma with them.

I seriously doubt you would even have any sort of source to sell Hull/Hull KR images to as the Hull Daily Mail have staffers they use and the trades are tied up, Getty, Wilkinsons and PA have the Dalies tied up so why even bother trying, like i said, build up a reputation shooting the amateurs and if youre good enough you will get noticed.

Not easy, all applications are closed until next year,you also need to supply documentary evidence of £2,000,000 PLI

No one knows how easy or hard it will be when they "open up" again but everyones money is on it being much more difficult.

You've hot a hatfull of the best Amateur teams in the country on your doorstep, go shoot them, sell your images to the local and trade papers and build up some karma with them.

I seriously doubt you would even have any sort of source to sell Hull/Hull KR images to as the Hull Daily Mail have staffers they use and the trades are tied up, Getty, Wilkinsons and PA have the Dalies tied up so why even bother trying, like i said, build up a reputation shooting the amateurs and if youre good enough you will get noticed.

was looking more for the experience of shooting at the kc and for a league team

as for the papers i already knew there would be there for them sefls wasnt aiming for that

already looking at local clubs aswell gary

just about to approach a few

thanks for the info gary

was looking more for the experience of shooting at the kc and for a league team

as for the papers i already knew there would be there for them sefls wasnt aiming for that

already looking at local clubs aswell gary

just about to approach a few

thanks for the info gary
Talking to a few other guys it seems that there are way too many turning up at some of the bigger games with quite simply no avenue to sell their images to, dont quote me but ive heard that to have a future application in with a chance of being accepted freelancers not attached to any of the major agencies or to the papers themselves will have to prove they have sold images to the press on a regular basis for the last 2 seasons.

Like i say, dont quote me.

was told it wasnt hard to get it hence why i wanted to ask before making myself look stupid

It wasn't hard and you where informed correctly :).. However I get the feeling they are regretting it being so easy and have now started to make changes.. closing applications.. double checking on everyones PL and presumably as gary says.. more to come..

I am hoping to do some Harlequins RL this season.

That will be U18s though if my boy is selected. He's training with them but not on contract.

I've only done his Union before so I'm really looking forward to it.

Back