Rhodes

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Being back from Rhodes a week now, seems like an eternity.
Wish i was back there now slurping a few cold Mythos, anyway heres a few that i like feel free to let me know what you think...

Rhodes_130.jpg

Rhodes_167.jpg

Rhodes_138.jpg

Rhodes_111.jpg

Rhodes_030.jpg

Rhodes_036.jpg

Thanks for sharing those with us. #2 is my favourite, I like pictures of castles on hills surrounded by a town. I reckon the horizon is off in this one and #3 which is my picky point. Great set.

#2 (Lindos?), #3 and #6 are lovely!

#6 is a great capture!

Nice set but why did you have to mention Mythos - drool! :D

Thanks for the kind words all.
rh1944 and hillwalking girl i see what you mean about the horizon in 3 will have to keep a watch on that in the future.
What ever type of butterfly it is it certainly doesnt stay still for long, just when i was ready to shoot it was off to another flower,spent a lot of time chasing them around the hotel garden.(working up a thirst for a cold beer)
I know what you mean about the c.p for the sky, the shots of Lindos were all taken with the 18-55 kit lens, this is the only lens i have a c.p for but for some reason left it back at the hotel.

No 2 is perfect. Although i feel you really should use a circular polariser, as your skies could be much better. :)

Failing that, you can push up the saturation a bit.
Nice shots. Another destination on my long list.

We pulled into Rhodes Town for a day on our cruise last week. Fantastically photogenic place, I will definitely be going back to spend some more time there.

Here are a few I took around Rhodes 'Old Town', lighting not the best as on a cruise you tend to get there in the morning and leave early afternoon.

Rhodes2.jpg

Rhodes4.jpg

Rhodes1.jpg

Rhodes3.jpg

EdBray were you on that bloody huge great ship we saw in the harbour on the 17th of august

Yep, this one! Parked up in Rhodes harbour!

For those of you old enough to remember the series 'The Love Boat' this was the ship they used for the location shots. It was called the Arcadia then!

OV.jpg

Last edited:
magical place ,great shots and they bring back good memories,lindos especially

Back