RIAT '15........and a few from me

Edit My Images
Yes
I was determined to not take as many pictures this year but still did 500 plus ......its not the taking, its the trying to sort through the bad from the not too bad that does mi head in :banghead: :D

Anyway, I've had an hour and sorted a few to start with, this year I spent quite a bit of time on prop planes so I'll post those up separate when I've gone through them.

Not clued up on the names, so help with ID on the unknown and correction on any I might have wrong appreciated :) Edit- Think the unknown is a F18 hornet

All C&C very welcome, thanks for looking

Unkown by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Unkown (2) by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Very lucky to capture this, looks like a rainbow? I have another two with it on, so I'm guessing its not lens flare :thinking: :confused:

Rainbow Vulcan by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

I quite liked this with the push bike leaned up against the fence.......wonder if its the pilots :D

F-15 through the heat haze...... by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Japanese P1 by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Not sure on this but it seems to be growing on mi

Boeing E3 by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Last edited:
great shots
can i ask what you used to capture them ?

Cheers, D7000 and Sigma 150-500 :)

Really good set there. I like the fluff on the wings on #1, Polish Mig-29?

Thanks Thomas, I think the first is a F-18 Hornet, the Mig is the one I had titled as F-15 :rolleyes: I've been going down to Fairford to watch the RIAT a long time, you'd think I'd be able to ID these planes by now :facepalm: :D
The fluffy looking stuff is condensation caused by the pressure and change in temperature around the top and bottom of the wings, not something I saw a lot of on Saturday :confused: :)

A really great set of images Phil, I like them very much.(y)

George.

I was determined to not take as many pictures this year but still did 500 plus ......its not the taking, its the trying to sort through the bad from the not too bad that does mi head in :banghead: :D

Anyway, I've had an hour and sorted a few to start with, this year I spent quite a bit of time on prop planes so I'll post those up separate when I've gone through them.

Not clued up on the names, so help with ID on the unknown and correction on any I might have wrong appreciated :) Edit- Think the unknown is a F18 hornet

All C&C very welcome, thanks for looking

Unkown by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Unkown (2) by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Very lucky to capture this, looks like a rainbow? I have another two with it on, so I'm guessing its not lens flare :thinking: :confused:

Rainbow Vulcan by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

I quite liked this with the push bike leaned up against the fence.......wonder if its the pilots :D

F-15 through the heat haze...... by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Japanese P1 by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Not sure on this but it seems to be growing on mi

Boeing E3 by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Excellent shots there phil !! Nice work

Might not know all the names but you shure do know how to shoot them.
Love the "Earwax" shot, great composition.
Very good set, well done.

Back