RIAT......a few props

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Hi Phil

Nice set :)

#2 is a Hurricane
# 3 fairly sure she is a Blenheim bomber
Last unknown methinks is also a Hercules or perhaps more properly ? A C130 variant......but which one???

Update - last one I think is the HC-130J Combat King II

All the variants are listed on the Lockheed Martin website ;)

Though the one I have seen odd images of is a gunship version.not on the website so perhaps a special missions version...definitely loaded for bear including a large recoilless canon mounted inboard across the airframe between the front door and the wing. A while since I last an image and think mention was made that its origins were from the Vietnam war???

Last edited:
Number 3 is the Bristol Blenheim Phil, and I think number 7 is a c17, but i may well be wrong..!! Cracking prop blur on the Herc. (y)

Might be wrong but think no2 a hurricane ?
Nice shots btw

Hi Phil

Nice set :)

#2 is a Hurricane
# 3 fairly sure she is a Blenheim bomber
Last unknown methinks is also a Hercules or perhaps more properly ? A C130 variant......but which one???

Update - last one I think is the HC-130J Combat King II

Thanks for the comments and ID's chaps (y) titles amended with correct names :)

Excellent pictures. I struggled with getting a decent prop blur, what shutter speed and focal length were you using? Handheld or tripod?

Excellent pictures. I struggled with getting a decent prop blur, what shutter speed and focal length were you using? Handheld or tripod?

Thanks Jed, they were taken with a 150-500 sigma, most @ 150mm so I could bring the shutter speed down to nearer match the focal length, the last was down @1/80th. All handheld, there was only just enough room to stand on the pavement let alone use a tripod :D

I'll be honest and say that my hit rate, once I got down below 1/160th, wasn't high, probably less than 50%. It's a fairly weighty lens,it was quite windy and being surrounded by people didn't make it easy, so I was pleasantly surprised at the amount that do look ok :)

Back