RIAT - The gloomy sunday

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
The forecast was depressing, and it was cloudy but it never really rained... we got away with it :)
Here's a few (still processing loads)

SwissF18.jpg

F15800.jpg

F15StrikeEagle800.jpg

b521.jpg

oasis1800.jpg

Love the fighter thats awesome, great pics

A cracking #1:clap:

what camera/lens were you using

ignore me i just checked the exif

1d mk3

420mm?

300mm with TC attached?

Thanks guys,
what camera/lens were you using
ignore me i just checked the exif
1d mk3
420mm?
300mm with TC attached?

I was using two set-ups, MkIII with a 300 and 1.4x tc and a 1Ds MkII with a 70-200 (mainly for bigger stuff and the display teams).
cheers,
Andy

Great shots.
How are you finding the MKIII ?.
Was tempted myself and still am, but there has been a lot of talk about focus problems with a lot of MKIII cameras. I am using the MKIIN and also a 1DSMKII at the moment, also do you think there is a big improvment over the MKIIN and 1DSMKII on focusing.

Great shots Andy. F18 Hornet for me. Looks like the poor focusing claims on the D111 are a bit unjustified looking at your pics.
Thanks for sharing.
Dean:)

Great shots.
How are you finding the MKIII ?.
Was tempted myself and still am, but there has been a lot of talk about focus problems with a lot of MKIII cameras. I am using the MKIIN and also a 1DSMKII at the moment, also do you think there is a big improvment over the MKIIN and 1DSMKII on focusing.

I'm very happy with it, and I suspect a silent majority are as well. AI servo is a tad better than the 1Ds MkII but I can't comment on the 1D MkIIN... as I haven't used one (I've only been with Canon for 6 months). I have found one or two seemingly unexplained oof shots with the MkIII in long bursts, but these are very few and far between.
Some even seem to have problems in AI one shot, and I haven't had any problems with that... it's rapid and 100%.

Of course the big bonus is the extra stop or more to play with... that is worth it's weight in gold to me, especally when you think how much we pay for with an extra stop in glassware!!

Still, I love the images out of the 1Ds MkII... and with a big static subject, that's my weapon of choice.

cheers,
Andy

You made a great job of a rotten day Andy.(y)

Will post some of my efforts very soon.:)

Back