Ribblehead

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Another image from last Sundays trip down to Ribblehead for the forecasted snowy conditions, and it didn't disappoint!

Ribblehead by Martin Steele, on Flickr

“Excellent” shot, nuff said.

George.

A shot like this should be a shoe-in for LPOTY...a stunner :cool:

Great shot.

It's a great location that has so much to offer all year round.

Tasty! But if it was me, I'd do a perspective correction to straighten up the advancing piers towards the right, because that would express how they resist gravity to hold up the trackbed better, in terms of our psychological expectations. As it stands, it's a distraction. I might well couple the perspective correction with a slight rotation to the left.

In no way am I a pedantic 'rulerist' who insists that all must be straight or 'correct' - I hope you might see what I mean.

Great shot.

It's a great location that has so much to offer all year round.
Thank you Tony :)

Tasty! But if it was me, I'd do a perspective correction to straighten up the advancing piers towards the right, because that would express how they resist gravity to hold up the trackbed better, in terms of our psychological expectations. As it stands, it's a distraction. I might well couple the perspective correction with a slight rotation to the left.

In no way am I a pedantic 'rulerist' who insists that all must be straight or 'correct' - I hope you might see what I mean.

Thanks Droj. Yeah I know where you're coming from regarding the perspective correction, as it bugged me at first. The joys of not shooting centrally to a curved structure I guess. To be honest the whole correction of that is probably beyond my PS skills, it's not something I've given a shot to before. I can also see the rotation suggestion, I never thought about that one!

Cheers :)

Back