London Richmond Park

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon,

Im trying to plan a little trip to photograph the deer at Richmond Park, on either the 7th or 14th October, and id like to be in the park for sunrise. I believe sunrise should be at around 7:30am, which coincidentally is the time the carparks are due to open. Do any you know of a different place (very close by) that I would be able to park to enable me to already be in there for sunrise?

Many thanks

Nick

Ham Gate is ideal, there is a road from Ham that leads to Ham gate which should let you get to the positions to get sunrise. Plenty of on street parking by Kingston Gate. Not sure about about Robin Hood or Roehampton gates. Maybe plenty of room by the Star & Garter by Richmond Gate. Not sure about parking restrictions. If you see some Nordic Walkers around on the 7th, I will be amongst that group.

Perfect! Thank you very much. I’ll keep a look out for you :D

One of my regrets is that, many years ago, I stayed less than half a mile from the Priory Lane end of Richmond Park for three months, yet I never found time to explore the park. :(

Just a word of warning. Our beloved Mayor has initiated roadworks on the A316 just east of Richmond Town Centre. Won't affect you at 0730 but the traffic around the area when you leave will probably be a different matter....Just avoid the Manor Circus area.

Weather permitting I plan to be out on the morning of the 8th.

Just a word of warning. Our beloved Mayor has initiated roadworks on the A316 just east of Richmond Town Centre. Won't affect you at 0730 but the traffic around the area when you leave will probably be a different matter....Just avoid the Manor Circus area.

Weather permitting I plan to be out on the morning of the 8th.
Thanks for the heads-up (y)

Afternoon,

Im trying to plan a little trip to photograph the deer at Richmond Park, on either the 7th or 14th October, and id like to be in the park for sunrise. I believe sunrise should be at around 7:30am, which coincidentally is the time the carparks are due to open. Do any you know of a different place (very close by) that I would be able to park to enable me to already be in there for sunrise?

Many thanks

Nick

Don' forget Bushy park just own the road, is just as good t for Deer and you can get into the car parks well before Sunrise You can get some quite nice mist from the streams and ponds there as well for some nice atmosphere!

Last edited:
Don' forget Bushy park just own the road, is just as good t for Deer and you can get into the car parks well before Sunrise You can get some quite nice mist from the streams and ponds there as well for some nice atmosphere!
Thanks for that. Definitely an option. Might start there then move on to Richmond park later on (y)

Fairly sure it's rutting season around now, so the deer may be more aggressive. I'm sure someone who knows more about than me can advise but I'd be extra carefull.

Fairly sure it's rutting season around now, so the deer may be more aggressive. I'm sure someone who knows more about than me can advise but I'd be extra carefull.
That’s why I’m going :) Hoping to get some shots of the rut, but I’d still be happy if not.

approx 14C at sunrise this weekend. I am going to try on Sunday - getting up at 0630 is the tricky part....

Was good this morning. They were a lot more active than expected considering the temperature, and witnessed some rutting. I got some shots so will try to post over the next day or so.

Back