Ricoh cameras and lenses

Name
Ariel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello film lovers, few days ago I purchased two Ricoh cameras (KR-10 Super and KR-10x) at a ridiculously cheap price, the 10 Super came with a Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 and the 10x came with a Rikenon 50mm f/2, and I have my eye on a XR-2s too. The cameras and lenses are in great shape, everything works, I just cleaned them up and changed light seals, but not chance for a field test yet.

So I would like to ask for you personal opinion and experience with the Ricoh cameras and lenses in general, and especially with the ones mentioned above.

Do you know if there is a full mechanical Ricoh camera with Pentax K lens mount?, something similar to the Pentax MX .

Thanks in advance. :)

I have a Ricoh 35 Flex which is a Japanese version of a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex and is excellent and either manual or automatic as you will. Unfortunately, it does not have interchangeable lenses but will take conversion lenses if you can find them.

It's a completely unrelated group of cameras, but I rather liked the Ricoh 500GX, which was a small 35mm pocketable camera with a fixed 40mm f/2.8. The light seals were an absolute pig (it was essentially one enormous light seal covering the whole back of the camera), but it felt really nice in the hand.

I think the KR-5 and 5 Super are manual only. There's a link to the Butkus manual on this page http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ricoh_KR-5

I saw that camera but I was wondering if there is a similar one but capable to 1/1000 speed or maybe 1/2000.

I see now, the 50mm f/2 with an average rate of 9.33 out of 10, so good news.

I have a Ricoh 35 Flex which is a Japanese version of a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex and is excellent and either manual or automatic as you will. Unfortunately, it does not have interchangeable lenses but will take conversion lenses if you can find them.

It reminds me the Kowa cameras, a SLR with fix lens. I hope it is more comfortable to handle than the Contaflex (a very annoying design). I will keep my eyes open in case I see one at good price.

It's a completely unrelated group of cameras, but I rather liked the Ricoh 500GX, which was a small 35mm pocketable camera with a fixed 40mm f/2.8. The light seals were an absolute pig (it was essentially one enormous light seal covering the whole back of the camera), but it felt really nice in the hand.

Yes, that one was in my list of candidates when looking for a small RF camera, but at the end I got a Olympus RC, but maybe I will get one anyways. :D

I had a KR-10 Super that I got from a flea market for a pound, but it was broken. The Rikenon 50mm f/2 that came with it is used on my Pentax P30T though and is a nice sharp lens.

I took the liberty of checking your Flickr and search for the Rikenon ones, and all look very nice and sharp, it seems that the 50mm f/2 is the one to keep.

-----------

Thank you all for the prompt response and help so far!! :)

What about this KR5 Super 11 on the auction site? It seems to have speeds up to 2000 and there is no A on the shutter speed dial, so possible all mechanical and worth checking out? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ricoh-5-...693631?hash=item2875d6a73f:g:wLAAAOSwH61cVsz2
I think that model is indeed mechanical, one of many SLRs (and a few rangefinders) based on the ubiquitous Cosina CT1 series chassis; this one seems to be closest to the CT1 Super: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ricoh_KR-5_Super_II

Great recommendations, I was not aware of the KR5 Super II / CT1 or the CM-4, thanks!!! (y)

Yesterday I was planning to update this thread but forgot to do it, just wanted to let you know that I ended up buying a Ricoh XR-1s that came with a rare XR Rikenon 35mm f/2.8 for a strangely cheap price, one of those "basement findings". Everything is in perfect working condition, just needed some cleaning and new light seals. The camera is full mechanical up to 1/1000, vertically-traveling metal focal-plane, DOF preview button, match-needle light meter, and with a multiple-exposure "M.E" button on the back (it is the first time I see such feature in a camera).

If you want to gamble in getting it working the Miranda MS-1 is a mechanical camera...

Thanks, I was not aware that Miranda was producing cameras with PK mount, I will keep it in mind if I look for another body.

And thanks again to all for your help! (y)

Miranda had gone bust by then, and the name was acquired by Dixons for their own-brand stuff. The MS-1 / MS-1 Super is a rebadged Cosina CT1G / CT1 Super:

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Miranda_MS-1_Super

Indeed Cosina made very similar bodies not only for Miranda but for FM10, T60, Om-2000, Ricoh, Hannimex, Vivitar 2000 etc etc
When the camera business was suffering it was sensible to use common parts for many cameras, probable same today with digi stuff like sensors etc.

You can't beat a Canon for versatility esp the T90...anyway thought I'd use a K mount camera for a change (Ricoh, Pentax or Chinon) with some lenses also with some old screw mount Pentax lenses
Well I bought a K mount to M42 adapter ages ago so attached it to the screw lens and WTF I couldn't reach infinity on the lens :eek:. Sellers on the bay should be banned for flogging ones with a flange when the correct one is without a flange and the one to buy (some sellers provide a key with this mount as it's difficult to use).
So why mention Canon? Well they provide a nice meaty one for FD to M42 screw lenses (same as Konica)......other crappy M42 adapters are Contax\Yashica and with Minolta you need a key. and with Olympus and Nikon you can't even use M42 screw lens properly. (n)
So many times when you hit a small problem it's :canon:

So far I used the C/Y to M42 and also Minolta to M42 adapters without any problems, even used the Minolta adapter on an AF body to shoot with a Pentacon lens and zero problems. Now I am waiting for the PK to arrive, then I will test it and let you know the results.

Well the Pentax copy adapter should look something like this:-
pentax adapter.jpg

The easy to use Canon one is this:-
fd adapter.jpg

Back