Ricoh Caplio trouble

Name
Starfish
Edit My Images
No
I've used my camera occasionally over the years without this happening before. Even though it's light, the flash happens and the picture in the viewer shows lots of pink. Another thing about this camera is that when I've taken photos and put them on the computer, the colour shade isn't the same as the item. Any advice on how to remedy those two problems would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to TP

Can i suggest you post an example image to illustrate the oddity you describe?

Though on the face of it with a camera as old as yours with the flash firing at times you have never seen in the past plus likely a sensor issue(pink images) I fear it has/is failing beyond economic repair :(

One picture was taken with flash off, one with flash on and one with auto flash with much the same effect. Only one successfully attached to the message.

Attachments

• RIMG0053.JPG
    RIMG0053.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is it possible to get film for a Kodak Brownie Vecta? And another of my pictures with the problem showing has attached itself to this message without me doing anything!

Attachments

• RIMG0055.jpg
    RIMG0055.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
the little Ricoh caplio cameras used to be my favourite camera for taking extreme close ups (1cm focus) of ancient coins and artefacts so I know the range quiet well .unfortunately yours looks like its terminal .used ones though can be purchased on e.bay for very little expense that would be the path I would take

It's an RR730 - I've had it a while but not used it too much - proof if needed that they make things to breakdown after a certain time. I've took some pics of small flowers and an insect and was surprised as to how clear they were.

Back