Ricousins's 52: 2010 (Week 4)

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys, been offline for a while now and just came on to see people starting up 52's for the new year. Hope it's not too late for me to join in with the themed ones, if it is then just let me know (y) As you can tell I've never done this before :p Playing catch up a bit, so will hopefully have the photos for weeks 3 & 4 up some time tomorrow. In the meantime, here are weeks 1 & 2. Criticism very welcome, I'm looking to improve over the course of the year as well as having fun :)

P.s. If anyone can tell me how to resize photos on photobucket so that they appear smaller on here it'd be appreciated, have tried a few times now but when I preview my post the photos are still the same size; huge. Thanks in advance.

Week 1: Curves
4zwy9g.jpg

Week 2: Poetry (Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson)
fz8806.jpg

Last edited:
I love the curved shot too! Now that is definitely desktop background material! (y)

oooooooooo really like the curves one , love the colours, what is it?

Hi, and welcome to the 52 :wave:

Week 1 Curved: As 68lbs said - definitely a really cool desktop background.

Week 2 Poetry: I think this would benefit from resizing - it's hard to comment at the moment, but I do need to go away and read Ulysses to get the connection. :D

As far as resizing goes - I'm sure somebody who knows what they're talking about will come along soon and help you. I just put my photos into my TP Gallery and copy/paste from there into my thread. Very easy, and you load them into your Gallery ready sized.

Look forward to the next batch. (y)

Jean

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

oooooooooo really like the curves one , love the colours, what is it?

It's a close-up of the needles on a pine tree, taken with Tamron 90mm Macro.

Have now switched from photobucket to tinypic and resizing seems fine, I've enlarged the poetry picture so you can see it without squinting now! Have misplaced my USB cable for the camera but will upload the rest of the pics as soon as I can get my hands on a card reader.

Cheers.

Hi Richard. Good luck with your 52. I'm realy impressed with your curved entry, well done:clap:.
I like your second picture but there seems to be a light reddish streak above the boat(could be my monitor), which is a little distracting.

Thanks for the comments (y) Think the reddish streak may be your monitor as have checked it out on my laptop and iMac and can't see anything :thinking:

Back