ridiculous printing problems

Edit My Images
Yes
done a shoot of a mum and her kid and the photo on photoshop looks fine, but when i print it out its far too orange. im changing all kinds of settings and havent a clue what to do.
Im using cs5 and have a BROTHER MFC-6490CW.

but if i print the same file at morrisons or asda the print comes out fine.

whats going on?? im clueless :bonk:

oh and does brother have ICC printer profiles or what? i rang them and they said they don't. that's a bit crap no?

Last edited:
It's the paper manufacturer that may have profiles available. Epson and Canon have their own brands of paper so they have paper profiles for their printers. Ilford do provide profiles for a number of printers using their paper but Brother isn't one of them.

You do some options. One it to get Asda to print the images for you.
The other is to get a custom profile made for your printer.

Not sure what controls you have with the printer, but you may find some colour controls under an "Advanced" tab . If you use this make sure you use the "Printer Manages Colour" option in Photoshops print dialog

Is the printer managing the colour or the application?

Just downloaded the instruction manual for your printer. All the instructions for printing images seem to be from a USB stick or from a Camera or Memory card. There seems nothing about printing images from a computer.

As I stated earlier manufacturer's such as HP only produce profiles for their printer/ paper products. I would think if anyone is going to have profiles it's going to be Ilford and they don't list Brother in the printers manufacturers they support.

I can't suggest anything else apart what I suggested earlier

One it to get Asda to print the images for you.

If you are getting OK prints from Asda what's the problem? Asda print them, they are OK job done.

Joan

You could change the colour balance in photoshop to compensate but it will probably look terrible on your monitor though you may get a better print.

there won't be a profile for your printer/ink/paper combo.

is your monitor profiled?

done a shoot of a mum and her kid and the photo on photoshop looks fine, but when i print it out its far too orange. im changing all kinds of settings and havent a clue what to do.
Im using cs5 and have a BROTHER MFC-6490CW.

but if i print the same file at morrisons or asda the print comes out fine.

whats going on?? im clueless :bonk:

oh and does brother have ICC printer profiles or what? i rang them and they said they don't. that's a bit crap no?

Back