Critique Riding the Metro

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks all. I was sort of going with a covid theme and things slowly getting back to normal with the previous emptiness of the towns and cities, with people gradually having the confidence to travel once again, albeit with face masks etc.

Excellent set, love No 3 in the first set and No6 in the second:)

Since they've revamped some of stations the likes of Central and Monument are hideously grey and dark which won't be great for photography. Some of the older stations (such as Heworth and Gateshead interchange) are lighter all be it with their 80s beige decor.

However they look good and (I am assuming) the first one from the exit of Monument is great!

I'm not a street photographer but these caught my attention and I think they are excellent.

I'm in Newcastle this week visiting friends but I doubt I will venture onto the Metro to take photos ... or even to ride the trains :(

#2 escalator shot looks very modern and crisp. Shame that a) there's only one person...or b) there's a person. A 'crowd' on the left could have made it pop with life. No people could have made it architectural. That one person though is cut off and a ways away from any focal points.

#5 Seems to be a mis-shot. Just random.

Coke bottle - may if the bottle cap was in focus?

#3 backshot with the moving train is nice. The sign visible behind the train looks neat. I wonder if it could have been possible to 'hunt' for a shot of a partical sign. For example, a "don't stand close"-type of sign. Wait until someone would park themselves near the sign and do the blurred-train shot. It would require a bit of loitering...errr, patience.

Street photography is difficult and you can't really set up a scene, only wait for it to 'maybe' happen or react quick enough to what did happen. None-the-less, some good shots here.

Back