Edit My Images
No
6872362235_b1577c91bf_z.jpg

6872362227_0daf3740d0_z.jpg

6872362193_3eaecc18f9_z.jpg

6831472161_ea10dbab13_z.jpg

1st one looks squint?

1st one looks squint?

LOL, ok, all them pictures and that was all you could muster. It's distortion, which I refuse to correct, the picture frame closest to camera on the RHS is lined up perfectly, the opposing door frame (LHS) and curtain rail at the back look crooked. Granted...but I'm not changing it. (damn that low shooting angle and parallel lines...)

Last edited:
Does a touch to me too. Nevertheless a very nice set of images, exposures and poses are bang on :)
Not so keen on number 4 though, the half body looks a bit bizarre and the model seems to be gazing off into the distance

Does a touch to me too. Nevertheless a very nice set of images, exposures and poses are bang on :)
Not so keen on number 4 though, the half body looks a bit bizarre and the model seems to be gazing off into the distance

Thanks Rob :) I don't make an effort to take traditional compositions, for better or worse I suppose.

Isn't it weird how we all like different styles, I was just looking through these and hadn't got down to your post and was just about to post that number 4 was the pick of the bunch for me :LOL:

Isn't it weird how we all like different styles, I was just looking through these and hadn't got down to your post and was just about to post that number 4 was the pick of the bunch for me :LOL:

It's one of my favourite as well, it's all subjective, I appreciate everyone's input all the same :cool:

LOL, ok, all them pictures and that was all you could muster. It's distortion, which I refuse to correct,

Distortion my ****, look at the window frame!

Distortion my ****, look at the window frame!

Considering parts of this building are approaching 800 years old, you'll forgive me if the floors, door frames, pictures, coving, windows, surface plumbing don't entire line up. Evidently it's my fault. Is it past your bedtime or are you always an ********?

Hey, if you can't take the critique, don't ask for it!

FWIW, I thought they were all great shots but the 1st one is squint!

Hey, if you can't take the critique, don't ask for it!

FWIW, I thought they were all great shots but the 1st one is squint!

It wasnt your critique I found offensive, it was the way you worded your response.

I think there all great but must agree about the nipple needing cloned

These are great. Sure I saw some of your work posted here before when you were using digital. You seem to have a lot of talent and if you are young enough you need to push yourself forward and make a career of this. Sure, there are probably a few tecnilcalities that people will point out...Not sure of the term 'squint' used, but in my language I assume it means on-the-huh? Some do look like that, 1 & 4 esp. Yes, I can understand an old building/ uneven land, and I suppose you will need to take on board what viewers perception may be. However, I am surprised that no one yet has mentioned the great lighting/poses and talent you have shown.

Danny,

This post shows just what a very good photographer you are,a lot of people may pick this and that, but for someone who has committed themselves to film,they are a brilliant exercise of what we may achieve in portrait and style if we tried hard enough.

This has certainly given me a get up and have a go feeling.

Congrats to you.

Danny,

an excellent set of images in genral, technically great, well exposed and good light, but one thing that realy niggles me and was drummed into me, please put the models heads in a clean space, far to many things intersecting heads for my liking.

Mart

Danny,

an excellent set of images in genral, technically great, well exposed and good light, but one thing that realy niggles me and was drummed into me, please put the models heads in a clean space, far to many things intersecting heads for my liking.

Mart

(y)

Very astute observation indeed.

As I have very little experience in fashion photography I shall just stick the technical side of things and say that I think these are superb. They are pin-sharp the colours are fantastic and although not all the poses suit my taste I know Danny likes to be different so its all good.

Andy

Danny, you have definately developed your own style! I think that there are a few things I would change but they fit in with the way you shoot, so leave them! Great work on film.

Ps- any chance of the negatives for the scanner test? ;)

Stunning pictures! I love the colours in the colour ones, especially the two in front of the door!

Some great work Danny, I relaly love the girl in green outseide the door! These aren't all from the little ME are they?

Thanks all for the feedback and very kind comments.

And you may be surprised Alan, colour is 35mm on the ME, b&w is RZ67.

Wow. Honestly, wow. I love the light coming from behind the models & the narrow depth of field really defines the photograph. The model on the right {darker hair}'s pose is perfect, I love the expression on her face. Wonderful work.

Fine set of photos, nice work, really like the tones your getting in the b&w images and I think the compositions work very well especially in the one quoted above, look forward to seeing more :clap:

snip.... However, I am surprised that no one yet has mentioned the great lighting/poses and talent you have shown.

Think I originally posted too early, lots of positives as I expected (y)

I like them in general, but I have the feeling that the lenses used were a bit too wide causing weird perspective sometimes. (The sofa one is excellent but I would prefer it if it was a bit more level.)

Hey all

Thanks all so much for the positivity and useful crits :)

However, expect my gear up in the for sale section soon. I'm growing tired of getting nowhere and refuse to chase a childish impossible dream. I thank you all especially the f&c guys for all your help and wish you happy shooting always, but I'll be sticking to a Sony p&s and holiday snaps from now on.

Regards

Danny

Hey all

However, expect my gear up in the for sale section soon. I'm growing tired of getting nowhere and refuse to chase a childish impossible dream. I thank you all especially the f&c guys for all your help and wish you happy shooting always, but I'll be sticking to a Sony p&s and holiday snaps from now on.

Regards

Danny

Sad news. Perhaps take a hiatus and then get back to shooting? You have a lot of talent that would go to waste.

Hey all

Regards

Danny

Hey Danny ;), I'm having a day like this myself, FWIW (except my frustration is to do with web-building :bang:).

You're a good photographer, you know you are. People (not on here, I mean 'real people' ;)) must tell you that all the time. That's why you invested so much time, effort and money into getting as far as you have with your photography. Arranging all of those model shoots can't have been easy either :|.

Go and have a beer (or six :bonk:) and listen to some music (or whatever you like to do to unwind). TP will still be here tomorrow, along with its usual assortment of + and - feedback and you will still be able to take well exposed, accurately focused, jauntily framed and stunning photographs of (often equally stunning :naughty:) models, in exactly the way that you want to. Getting that far is a lot futher than many people who pick up a camera ever get :cautious:.

If there's one thing that Internet forums have taught me, it's this: The better the photograper (musician/writer/artist ot whatever); the tougher the audience!

You have a vision of what you want to achieve with photography - you said so yourself, many times. Don't abandon it just yet ;).

Andy

Danny these pictures are fantastic with really creative lighting and poses, you've really got the best of them and the cameras/films, don't just go away and give all that up just yet! Ignore all those above who automatically wrote the pictures off because a couple of them looked slightly off (the first one actually looks like the neg was slightly rotated when scanned if you look at the edges and like you said the building was quite old so you have to expect this, plus how does it actually detract from the picture?)

As above take a while to think it over and then decide what to do (y)

Hey all

Regards

Danny

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! YOU ARE SO F'KIN TALENTED, GET OVER IT (WHATEVER'S GOING THRU YOUR HEAD) AND KEEP ON SHOOTIN' !
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?!

ENJOY YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY!

I wouldn't worry guys, he'll come back. They always do. ;) Soon enough he'll get ****ed off at using a Sony PnS and crave the sexiness of medium format.

I'm making a last ditch attempt at recovering my passion for taking photographs.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=388193

I'm either going to set up a home darkroom for printing, or invest in a better scanner than the V500. I know these won't make my shots better, content wise. My disappointment with these shots was nothing to do with any negativity on this forum, more my frustration with not being accepted for submission with these images after the team and I worked so hard on them.

Although I love photography, I don't enjoy organising big production shoots just for the images to be used on forums and as glorified facebook profile pictures for the team. So I won't put any effort in if I'm not getting anything out of it, I'm tired of shooting stuff like this for nothing.

The shots fell over on image quality apparently (a special note to "sharpness")....I'll take that with a pinch of salt as you never reeeeeally know why the submission hasn't been accepted. But it makes me think, after I left digital to move over to MF film mostly for the quality....WTF am I shooting film for now.

Plustek are going to sell a dedicated scanner that does MF as well as 35mm (plus it's auto feeding) this year, hold out for that, it should be comparable to Nikon's old top end scanners. Were the images going for print?

Back