Right - ready to buy a printer. Help!

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
So I've decided to get a photo printer and have noticed the Epson R285 which is going for only 50 notes at PC World. Question is (and this will be a bit of a debatable point), will this printer give me the same or better quality photos as the ones I've been getting from Photobox?

Now I'm probably the only person in the world who hasn't had quality issues with PB, so lets assume PB prints are acceptable....?

Another question - how many prints roughly will I get from a 6-pack of Epson ink if all I'm doing is say equal amounts of 10 x 15cm and A4 prints? Oh, also anyone know of some cheapish Paypal accepting online shop that sells good quality photo paper and Epson ink?

Thanks for looking in advance. :wave:

Not a direct answer to your question but I have found from my own experience that it's actually cheaper to get my prints done by Photobox than to "run" my own printer. I have a Epson Stylus Photo R800 (excellent printer btw) and a set of cartridges for it cost around £85 :eek: and they don't last that long! I've also found that printing on anything other than Epson branded photo paper leads to very poor results.

Thanks for you reply Grendel. The Epson I'm looking at has 6 colours with the multipack usually around £35. Just wish I knew how many prints this would give me....

I have the Epson R245, gives acceptable prints, a multi pack of four Epson cartridges can be had for 21 squidge.....(y)

For stuff that has to be top drawer I use Lee at Togs Print.

http://www.togsprint.com/?page=home

Back