RIP Bronica ETRS =[

Edit My Images
No
Well.

Firstly I was having shutter issues, couldn't work out why, either. Gave it a look over and it seemed to be the Body that was the issue (Contacts weren't contacting, so the lens never received the signal to close.)

Then today, the shutter wouldn't fire. So I had a closer look. Turns out it's been dropped, or something. (By someone else, because I haven't dropped it!) - The plastic inside was shattered when I tried to unscrew it.

3219612170_52a952bcb5.jpg

Unfortunately now I have all these Bronica ETRS accessories - and I'm not sure I can sell them. I'd like a replacement ETRS Body, because this was my first MF Camera, and is close to my heart - but I don't know... I feel the 6x4.5 format is a little weak. I'd like the SQ-a - But I don't think the sale of all the extra bits I have, will cover it. And I am skint.

RIP Bronny =[

Don't give up hope Grant. There are service manuals for the ETRS out there apparently (but none for the SQA) so if you can get the spare part you might be able to fix it.

I thought the shutter for the etrs was in the lens like the SQA, is that not the case?

Sorry to here this mate :(

I recently sold my ETRS on eBay and for a panicky I moment I thought it was you I sold it too! Not that there was anything wrong with it :) If you bought this from a 2nd hand camera shop, best try to get them to exchange the body - they may agree even if it's outside the warranty period. I'd also approach the seller even if it was a private sale - they may have sympathy and refund you some of the money.

If it's just the body that is broken, you should still be able to sell off the accessories without any problems. Try somewhere like MXV or ffordes to do a part exchange for an SQ-A.

Don't give up hope Grant. There are service manuals for the ETRS out there apparently (but none for the SQA) so if you can get the spare part you might be able to fix it.

I thought the shutter for the etrs was in the lens like the SQA, is that not the case?

The plastics all inside were demolished, replacement parts seem to be a little hopeful. I ordered a bargain replacement from KEH.com - Hopefully I won't be taxed toooooooo much

And yes, you're correct, the shutter is in the lens. But the contacts weren't aligning correctly to allow the lens to fire the shutter. This was because the contacts in the Bronica were misaligned (the smashed plastic was holding them in place)

Sorry to here this mate :(

I recently sold my ETRS on eBay and for a panicky I moment I thought it was you I sold it too! Not that there was anything wrong with it :) If you bought this from a 2nd hand camera shop, best try to get them to exchange the body - they may agree even if it's outside the warranty period. I'd also approach the seller even if it was a private sale - they may have sympathy and refund you some of the money.

If it's just the body that is broken, you should still be able to sell off the accessories without any problems. Try somewhere like MXV or ffordes to do a part exchange for an SQ-A.

I've bought the body from KEH now - I think I'll have a look see on how much I can flog that all off for and probably invest in an SQ or not.

Man it makes me sad :(

Well, shipping was $20 from America, just hope I don't get taxed too much... Does anyone know how they tax objects like this?

Also won a replacement lens (as I think there was still an issue with it) £20 for the stock 75mm f/2.8 on eBay.

Can't wait for them to both arrive :(

It'll be 15% VAT and about 10 quid handling fee on import.

Back