Rip Curl Boardmasters

PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few shots from the Rip Curl Boardmasters event in Newquay Cornwall. All shot with a Canon 1DMK2N and a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS L lens.

Ripcurl_2.JPG

Ripcurl_1.JPG

Ripcurl_3.JPG

I was there also, managed to blag a media pass and got some sweet shots of the skateboarders on the vert ramp. Too shy to share though as it was my first time doing it. Also need to calibrate my monitors badly!

Josh

Ye got a few skateboarders as well, they were crap always falling off.

They were always falling off on the best trick contest but im amazed none of them hurt themselves!

Josh

Hey, nice shots above. i wish i had a big enough lens to catch some action on the water.
i got some shots from the vert on both heats and finals day.

im new to using forums but i hope my myspace html experience means im able to put some images below :)
more to come soon after ive filterd my way through the 900 photos i took over the 2 days. haha.

thanks to josh (5bjoshua) for recommending this forum to me and also for letting me borrow some of his lenses over the weekend! cheers mate!

john.

forumfx9.jpg

frenchmanforumxw3.jpg

stallclosejn8.jpg

frenchmanstalefishsmallvs9.jpg

Nice captures but the first thing that strikes me is something technical though. The light falloff on all three is quite noticeable. It might worth running them through PP/Lightroom/Aperture to get rid of it.

King.

Nice action images you've captured there PapaL ... (y) ... shame the surf wasn't up though ... :shrug: ... still Hawaii Newquay definitely is not ... :D

And ... JLanyon ... :welcome: to TP and thanx for sharing some rather cool board shots ... (y) ... although with so many images it might get you more responses if you started your own thread to show them off ... :shrug: ... instead of (unwittingly) hijacking PapaL's ... ;) ... just a thought ... :D

:p

King_boru, thanks for the advice, i can see where you coming from. Ill run em through aperture and see what i can do. :thinking:

Venomator, no worries! and apologies to Papalazarou, it wont happen again! :nono:

john.

ill post my other images in my own thread, which aslo includes up close and personal shots with the Nutz Bikini babe compitition! wheehey!:bonk:

Got a few shots of the photographers up on the half pipe thing. Jlanyon there could be one of you up there.

Nice shots there from everyone, must have seen you all there as I was stood in the sea from monday to sunday, (apart from cancelled 1.5 days) and when not there was up in the Fistral Blu bar.

Top job(y)(y)

They were always falling off on the best trick contest but im amazed none of them hurt themselves!

Josh

:LOL: On the final day, one of the skateboarders knocked one of their front teeth out :eek: :eek:

PapaLazarou's pics are fab, they have captured the sea imho perfectly - however, now it is grey and dingy and the half pipe, landrovers and the Fosters tent has gone :eek:

When I get back from my holidays at the weekend, if any of our pics have come out half decent, then I will upload them :D

Thanks for sharing xx

Got a few shots of the photographers up on the half pipe thing. Jlanyon there could be one of you up there.

Post one of them and ill spot him for you! :p

Think he was there saturday and sunday.

Josh

King_boru, thanks for the advice, i can see where you coming from. Ill run em through aperture and see what i can do. :thinking:

Hehe! John, I dont think he was talking about you dude! ;)

The clue was when he said all three, you have four ;)

Josh

Hey, nice shots above. i wish i had a big enough lens to catch some action on the water.
i got some shots from the vert on both heats and finals day.

im new to using forums but i hope my myspace html experience means im able to put some images below :)
more to come soon after ive filterd my way through the 900 photos i took over the 2 days. haha.

thanks to josh (5bjoshua) for recommending this forum to me and also for letting me borrow some of his lenses over the weekend! cheers mate!

john.

forumfx9.jpg

frenchmanforumxw3.jpg

stallclosejn8.jpg

frenchmanstalefishsmallvs9.jpg

Hey.
I love your picture from boardmaters. How did you manage to get a media pass?

some nice pic of the surfers, shame the waves were $h*7 but theres not much you could do about that. As said above they are not the sharpest of images, but as i know its damn hard to get really sharp surf images.

Back