RIP Martin Peters

Very sad - I remember watching the World Cup final on TV, in black and white, and leaping in the air when the game fished but the radio was on in my grandfather’s room as he preferred to listen than watch! Silly man but our front room was full and we even had the local priest in our own crowd!

West Ham United certainly made
the England team stronger with their best playing for England! As a Chelsea supporter it was still great to see the West Ham crew, Moore, Hurst and Peters on the pitch!

Godspeed Martin, you will always be remembered as an England Football hero as will the rest of that special team of 1966!

We are indeed a lucky generation to have seen England win the world cup (football), seems like yesterday and Peters has died at such a young age. Wonderful times the 60's in many ways, being born in 55 I didn't really appreciate the era at the time but major strides were made in so many fields, I doubt I'll see another world cup, man on the Moon or Concorde. So thank you Mr Peters and all your team for such a wonderful memory.

Back