ripping CDs to FLAC on a mac?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all, any suggestions for good, simple software to store my CD collection as FLAC files on my mac?

I've paid for and downloaded 'Toast' but it crashes every 5 minutes, so I'll be trying to get a refund for it later on :bang: I cant find anything else recommended so thought I'd ask here...
cheers
Mike

why are you ripping to FLAC as opposed to something like 256kbps VBR MP3 or ripping to AAC ?

both of which iTunes can do natively...

because FLAC is lossless. Good luck with ripping anything on the mac. That seems to be an area sorely lacking for some reason. Windows is king in this area. Hey you could bootcamp it and then you have your pick of rippers.

What about ALAC - will iTunes rip to that? I'm not sure, but I don't think so...

because FLAC is lossless. Good luck with ripping anything on the mac. That seems to be an area sorely lacking for some reason. Windows is king in this area. Hey you could bootcamp it and then you have your pick of rippers.

that's a genius idea, thanks Chris - i've got parallels on my other mac so can do it under that...

because FLAC is lossless.

uuuh, just rip to Apple Lossless then... plus you probably wont notice the difference between 320k AAC/MP3 and a FLAC anyway...

kinda what i'm getting at :p

you're right.. I wanted to save it something which didnt tie me into apple for all eternity but I guess if they ever go EVIL then someone will bring out a converter thingy...

itunes it is. cheers all

Back