River Brathay and Thirlmere from last January

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Really good set Alf, Personally the third is the pick for me for the warmer tones even though the reflection is a bit less perfect. I'm sure Steve - @SFTPhotography - will be along to tell me I'm wrong :)

Nice set Alf, the first is nicely processed and doesn't look like a HDR shot (in a good way). The others are also very nice but personally I find the contrails are a little distracting, particularly in the panorama so prefer the third out of the two :)

Last edited:
Lovely set of images and beautiful light. #3 for me - the mirror split looks great.

1st for me Alf.
I‘ve never found Thirlmere inspiring.
A place to pass by on the way to Keswick.

Really good set Alf, Personally the third is the pick for me for the warmer tones even though the reflection is a bit less perfect. I'm sure Steve - @SFTPhotography - will be along to tell me I'm wrong :)

Thanks Chris

Nice set Alf, the first is nicely processed and doesn't look like a HDR shot (in a good way). The others are also very nice but personally I find the contrails are a little distracting, particularly in the panorama so prefer the third out of the two :)

Thanks Si
Contrails are common in the lake district

Third all the way for me. I like seeing the distant hills featured more in the frame. Cracking image.

Thanks Jason

Both Thirlmere shots have that hint of distant silver and broken reflections:(

1st for me

2nd for the processing, the stronger blue sky really works for me

Thanks Steve
I would have guessed that way round.

Lovely set of images and beautiful light. #3 for me - the mirror split looks great.

Thanks Helen

1st for me Alf.
I‘ve never found Thirlmere inspiring.
A place to pass by on the way to Keswick.

Thanks Pete
Have you ever driven on the none A 591 side and stopped off at one of the car parks for a wander on a calm day

Very nice Alf, number 3 for me.

Thanks Dale

Back